DOUBLE L'S "Flame-Thrower" FLAT-TRACKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome photos and build!!!
ALL of the flames on the bike flow with each other perfectly!
I love the insanity and creativity of your builds, truly inspirational!!

I'm not sure if I'm digging the vintage oil filler nozzle exhaust extension or not??? It makes it only a "tad" safer!

Awesome photos and build!!!
ALL of the flames on the bike flow with each other perfectly!
I love the insanity and creativity of your builds, truly inspirational!!
Man, thanks sooooo much! During the process sometimes you think you're beating yourself up to much in the vision process... really appreciate your opinion......keeps me "Inspired" (one of my favorite words - coming from my soul)

Great photo!

Luke.
Mucho gracious!...I can't believe I love this stuff so much!:happy:.....truly grateful to the Lord for keeping me safe & "Inspired" Thanks so much for your total insatiable involvement with this genre' and your obvious "cyclemania affliction". :cool2:

I think I am going to a smaller front sprocket...looks like I am struggling to get this thing going....geared a little too high for slow-cruising! Maybe back to my original plan of a skip-tooth...I have a couple to choose from??

Looks great.
You almost have a mad scientist look in the pic of you standing with the bike.

Gearing on a single speed in my experience is all trial & error; find what works for you & this flametastic build

Looks great.
You almost have a mad scientist look in the pic of you standing with the bike.

Gearing on a single speed in my experience is all trial & error; find what works for you & this flametastic build
Danke' the "mad scientist look" I like that idea! I'll consciously work on that! Thanks! "might go with a 2 speed kick-back....have one ...duh!"

Muhahahaha just don't make any monsters.

Ah there you go. I'm still waiting to find another kickback that's in good shape at a price I'm willing to pay. (I'm a cheap sungun)

Was at a swap meet today in Portland, Indiana and found some more goodies! A three speed Dana transmission, a couple of triple-tree brackets and purchased from Blue Moon Vintage Bikes a set of crème 2.25 tires...."possibly" for the flat-tracker???? Have a few days yet to decide.....more photos coming up soon!

Going with a heavy spoked 2 speed kick-back automatic rear hub (yellow banded) . Later will try to get six speeds by using the DANA 3 speed hub up front with the two-speed rear set-up...wonder if that will work out? Also the twist grip gear changer for the 3 speed hub will give the "Flat-Tracker" even more of a motorbike look (?) I just do not enjoy doing away with the big vintage sprocket up front. Choices-choices!

Well here we go.....the kool sprocket is coming out only due to the fact that the twist grip transmission control is sooo much like a real twist-grip I recall from the few times I flat-tracked a Harley 165.....the look will b worth it I hope..;...later maybe back to te big sprocket and the two-speed rear end which is also going on... 6 speeds will be available ...like I really need more than one!

Latest posts

Back