Driftwood Cruisers II and III

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are pics of bikes 2 and 3. Bike 2 is all African Mahogany with black and red pinstripe. Bike 3 is Cherry with black, red, and tan pinstripe. Pinstriping on both was done by another Az legend, Ron Hernanadez. Look for our bikes at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, Jan. 17-23. Web-site will launch in early 2011 - http://www.driftwoodcruisers.com - . New shapes, different wood species, one-off pinstripe/branding, all done by hand in the USA.

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

_DSC0213.jpg

_DSC0197.jpg

_DSC0128_2-1.jpg

_DSC0130.jpg

Very, very nice. All three have turned out amazing.

These are beautiful bikes...love the pinstriping also.

Would be so cool to see one built around a set of the 4" wide wheels.

Man some really awesome work. It takes a minute or two to get use to the medium , but when reality sets in the realization of top notch work sets in. Good luck on these. :mrgreen:

ncredible work!
The stance on these is amazing.
I would only choose to use one piece crank sets instead of three piece.
Congratulations.

I'm relatively new to the bike biz. What is the advantage to a single piece crank? It seems to me to be a lesser quality part. Let me know. Thanks to all for the positive feedback and comments.

Amazing what you can do with wood! It's such an unforgiving medium, BRAVO! :D I think a 60-80mm wide rear rim, 3" wide tire and a Nexus 7 speed hub would make for an unbeatable combination.

dpbrown3000 said:
ncredible work!
The stance on these is amazing.
I would only choose to use one piece crank sets instead of three piece.
Congratulations.

I'm relatively new to the bike biz. What is the advantage to a single piece crank? It seems to me to be a lesser quality part. Let me know. Thanks to all for the positive feedback and comments.

Hi. It might be a less performative part, but of course it depends on what one piece and three piece sets we're talking. The thing is that personally I think that one piece cranks suit better these kind of bikes look-wise. I like a more vintage look of things.
And also these are not downhill bikes.. So they do'nt have to perform like them.
It's just my opinion, and the bikes shown above are outstanding either way.
Keep rollin'

Awesum!!
1 pc cranks would ruin the look of those bikes...IMO...the BB hole has to be bigger so the crank can twist thru.I guess you could have a removable plug to cover it if you were forced to use 1 pc.

Yep these are outstandig bikes that show outstanding craftsmanship.
That was just my opinion GTX, and I don't know about it's viability.
Iguess that I like one piece cranks because they are rare here (only some low priced BMX have them). Old bikes have 3 piece cranks.
Man, I'd want one of those even without cranks!
Keep rollin'

Fellas,

Thanks for the input. I am going to be playing around with some different component packages on the next gen. bike. I'm leaning toward a external bearing bottom bracket ( like a mtn bike ). I want all the bikes to have good solid components that will last. I will continue to do my homework -any feedback/commentary is welcome.
What I would really like to find is a company that sells all "made in the USA" components so I could sell these as US built. Anyone know of such a company???
I've got generation II ready to build. It will be a more traditional bike, kinda. Can't wait to get one built. Thx. PB

There was a company making wood bikes at Interbike this year.They had a cool design but yours is WAY better.Theirs was made up of chunkier individual seperate pieces which would make it alot easier to build as I would think.Their seat was made of laminated wood which was very beautiful,but hard on the .... when riding more than 5 feet.

Any idea who was building the wood bikes at interbike? I've seen some cool road bikes made from wood but no cruisers. Thanks, PB

dpbrown3000 said:
What I would really like to find is a company that sells all "made in the USA" components so I could sell these as US built. Anyone know of such a company???

CHRIS KING - headsets, hubs, bottombrackets

Profile Racing - cranks, sprockets, hubs, sprockets, stems, pedals (not sure if 100% of parts are still in house)

Industry nine - rims, hubs, spokes

PAUL compnent - hubs, cranks, brakes

NYC freeride - pedals, stems

Brooklyn machine works- pedals, stems

Race Face (canada) cranks, BB, headset

Latest posts

Back