Driftwood Cruisers II and III

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dpbrown3000 said:
ncredible work!
The stance on these is amazing.
I would only choose to use one piece crank sets instead of three piece.
Congratulations.

I'm relatively new to the bike biz. What is the advantage to a single piece crank? It seems to me to be a lesser quality part. Let me know. Thanks to all for the positive feedback and comments.

one piece is taking a step backwards.... they are all essentially the same and just a chunk of steel

remember your on a "ratrod" site

maybe i'll get one in my showroom in the summer

I would definetly stick to a 3 piece crank.Something this highend would look cheaped with a one piece crank.Maybe go with a mid or spanish bb so you would have a smaller opening in turn gives you more support wood left around it.I wouldnt go with a euro because then you would have to stick inserts in to screw the bottom bracket into.But heres a couple shots of the wood cruisers from Interbike.Definetly not as clean as yours,but the removable parts looks like it would be easier to change out damaged pieces.Just for the books,,,,,,,I like your bikes 1 million times better!!

interbike01350.jpg
interbike01450.jpg
interbike01650.jpg

HOLY BIKEASAURUS REX! Those are..... well, those are wild looking. In cabinetry, furniture, and now bikes, I've always gone for the "less is more" approach. I feel about these bikes like I do about figure skating - I respect the hard work and talent but don't care for the product. Not trying to start a mess, just how I feel. Thanks for the pics.

Here are some new pics of the Mahogany frame bike ( #2 ). I've put 3" tires and a Brooks seat on this bike. The Brooks seats are the bomb! They look good, ride well, and add alot to a bike. Here too is a pic of the new frame shape with some ape hanger bars. Happy New Year to everyone.

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

IMG_9254.jpg

I've seen a lot of timber bikes and never liked the look of a single one of them.

Until now!

Very beautiful bikes.

Latest posts

Back