Dude from Chicago says hello.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've been lurking on this board for awhile and thought it was time to register. I recently found the love for all things bike, and have found this site to be an awesome resource.
Here's a picture of my baby. It's a Murray cruiser, and that's about all I know. I have another similar frame from a Murray Monterey, which I guess were all Schwinn knock-offs, so that may be what this is. But knock off or not, it's my bike, and I love it. I don't have any pics of the bike from when I first bought it, but I've made a few changes. First thing I did was pretty much take it apart and scrub away all the rust and grime, and shine up the paint and chrome. Check out the marks on the concrete from the phosphoric acid I used to clean the chrome. Then, replaced the chainring, cranks and peddles. Threw on a vintage type saddle. Then new tires, went with Kenda Flames versus the white walls for a slightly tougher look. I don't know if you can see it clearly, but I also got an old-school bell thingee from my dad. It attaches to the fork and has a brake lever type thing that makes it ring. It came off of an old Mexican bike my dad used to have. It's got a little spring thing that the lever pulls towards the spokes making contact as the wheel turns. The spring bounces back and hits the bell. Finally, added the rack, and voila.

I've since made some more changes.....old saddle and springer. I'll update the pic later.

Good to be on board.

.....'Sup Cheps.

howdy, nice bike, really like the bell, somethin different :D doest matter what kind of bike it is if your ridin it IMO !!! and wow i thought thta was bird poo on the ground at first !!! :lol:

Cool bike man. I agree with what ccr said, doest matter what kind of bike it is if your ridin it IMO

welcome

Latest posts

Back