Dump track racer engine mock up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rat Rodders,

So I posted some pics of this bike a few weeks ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32949 but i wanted to see what it would look like with a 66cc 2stroke motor ive been rebuilding. I think I might go for it, now I just have to figure out how to keep my brake levers with the throttle and clutch... i'll probably go for a suicide clutch set up...

motor.jpg

motor-3.jpg

motor-2.jpg

oooo yeah definitely don't touch those bars and brake levers they are too nice looking. Great job!

thanks, the throttle that comes with the engine kits is big and ugly, I think i might go to cyclegear and get a simple dirt bike throttle without a grip so i can wrap it in bar tape...

What you want is an old Sturmey Archer 3-speed grip shifter. You can removed the little ball bearing inside, grind off part of the handle for more twist and they work great!

I'd also angle the levers down a bit to save your wrists.

Thanks guys, that Sturmey Archer idea sounds interesting, ill definitely look into it... as for the clutch cover, I would think the more pressing issue is that there is no carb... lol, but seriously I like how the clutch looks bare so I might try and make some kind of clear cover for it.

I use them on motorcycles too. Here's a picture of one on my friends bike.

andy.jpg

Use a linear pull noodle right out of the shifter. You will have to cut the stock throttle cable and splice it together with a narp/cable pinch.

Cool bike Beau, that motorcycle look sweet with the grips and throttle, I would never expect it would be good enough for a real bike, nice job.... as you can tell I do enjoy jerry rigging cool parts to work, however that might be a little too much work for me right now... a local bike shop here has these grips which should be perfect for 20 bucks... i can cut down the plastic and since its just the tube i can put any grip or tape on it, check it out. http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L ... A14C-U0003 still a really cool idea though...

My buddy didn't cut the grip off his, but I cut it off on mine. It's still LOADS better than the one you posted and smaller! It takes a minute with a Dremel. Less time than it would take you to go buy one. All I had to do was cut the old rubber grip off, and slid the one on that I wanted. The grip i used w was a bit longer, so I added a small plastic sleeve, but it worked great! They are all metal too.

On my cafe bike with an Oury grip

DSC00009.jpg

Latest posts

Back