"Duro" tires... any good?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forget ebay. hit up chimi here in the for sale section.
yes they are fine tires.

beatcad said:
yes they are fine tires.

Agreed, I've had knobbies and slicks, hard to beat the price and they roll fine for a basic tire. There were some making a stink that the 20x2.125 slik duro tire was only as wide as a 1.75, thats the only hiccup Ive heard about. Even then I'd point people at the price and tell them to get over it. :lol:

beatcad said:
yes they are fine tires.
Normally I would agree with you. But Carlos has fallen off the earth. I've had to revert to Ebay for stuff lately.

As far as Duro's, I just bought my first one. Also get a set for a friend's daughter's bike. They make a 20" slick for the muscle bike crowd, but they are a little thinner than the advertised 2.125, so they aren't in favor because they aren't supper fat like they should be.

As far as quality, I haven't heard anything negative about them.

Another place to check out before Ebay is Junkyrustybikes.net. They carry Duro tires as well. The colored tires do wear a little faster than normal black tires though if you do go that route.

I use them as a rear tire on five of my muscle bikes. They hold up really well, but are not as fat as the old slicks though. They fit both Schwinn and regular sizes so that's the main attraction for me.

I've gotta Duro slick on my 68' Columbia Playbike, and set of Duro White Walls on my 68' Columbia Longboy. They'er good tires. Slick does lack a little of the said 2.125 size. The rear on the Longboy looks nearly spot on with the 2.125 tire size to me. I've got a knobby on the back, and brick type tread on the front, in the 1.75 size. :)

26449_366239742414_7595298_n_zps7ec9b91d.jpg

30957_10151436504697415_1665420428_n.jpg

I have had very good luck with duro tires on my cruiser and motorized bikes.

Latest posts

Back