DX Klunker "It's done"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DX Klunker

Got the bike out today for a little R&R. Took a few BAD photos with my phone cam. It rides like a dream. :D :D
Sorry bout the crappy pics.

klunkeronahill9.jpg

klunkeronahill8.jpg

klunkeronahill7.jpg

klunkeronahill4.jpg

klunkeronahill2.jpg

klunkeronahill1.jpg

Re: DX Klunker

OK, it's done, it's raining and I'm happy with the bike. Not so happy with the pictures, must be a loose nut behind the camera. :oops: :roll: I don't have to admit that I can't take good photos, you can see that for yourself.

Well time is drawing near. some great bikes showing up.
Here's the best I could do, photo wise.

And YES it has a kick stand and it will stay. I like my bikes upright.
Klunkerphotoshoot21.jpg

Klunkerphotoshoot20.jpg

Klunkerphotoshoot7.jpg

Klunkerphotoshoot6.jpg

Klunkerphotoshoot5.jpg

Klunkerphotoshoot3.jpg

Best riding pic. I could get. It is hard to get pics of you riding when you are alone. :wink:
Klunkerphotoshoot1.jpg

Excellent paint work and color choice.
Good use of components. And an overall great job.

If this bike is used on hills you may want to do a brake upgrade, my test bed proved that to me on it's first run! :)

Thanks to all for the nice comments. The brakes work great on flat ground but are marginal on a steep hill. I would like to have a drum brake but this was built with what I had on hand except for the pedles and brake levers. Ofcorse they are never done are they? Whatever is needed or what I can come up with will most likely be added.

I don't think I ever mentioned that the paint is all done with Krylon. The green is Krylon metals over silver with a clear coat. Pictures do not do the color justice.

Thanks to everyone for the favorable comments. It was a fun build and a great bike to ride.

There are some great looking bikes being posted up as the deadline grows near. My DX is a bike I often thought about building but thought I didn't have the time. A buildoff gets us off our rear and in gear. I say us as I feel there are others just like me who just need a good shove to get us going. I am glad this buildoff was started and happy to see the many bikes showing up. Let's do it again ( as soon as it warms up a bit). I ain't going outside again till spring. Enough rambling and Thanks again to all. Mike

Latest posts

Back