DYNO MOTO 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Came upon this bike on the CL this week and got excited about the Nexus 7 rear hub with a roller brake. Contacted the seller and found out that he was a bike nut and was a huge BMXer back in the day. He ended up being very generous so we struck up a deal and I picked the bike up yesterday.

My original intentions were to use the wheels off this bike and put them on an older frame like my Typhoon or the Flying Star. After getting it home, throwing on some white walls and riding it around a bit, I think I have found my new cruiser. :mrgreen:

I may have to do a bit of customizing like different handlebars and grips. Also plan to swap out the seat with a model from Electra. Who knows...I may even see about fenders and some decal removal. Hard to beat an aluminum frame with high quality components. I'm digging the frame design and the old school scallops.

100_4516.jpg

100_4515.jpg

100_4523.jpg

100_4521.jpg

100_4517.jpg

100_4518.jpg

100_4519.jpg

100_4520.jpg

I really love the lines of that frame. I'm really jealous of you guys that have a Craigs List for your areas.

Dennis

Don't Touch it!!!!!!!
That's a Retro-Clunker!

Straight Forks,
Cook Style Bars
Fenderless
Brooks Inspired skiny Saddle.
Canti Frame.

That is how The Bike was designed...to Look like a Clunker.
If I was to do an Upgrade it would be a
Front Drum Brake...maybe Re-Lace an Old one onto That front Wheel.

and Put a NOS Shimano 500 / 600 Three Piece Crank on it
with Matching Crank Arms.
( now that will turn some heads! )

But Please..leave it be, :mrgreen:
That's an Awesome Design!

Old School Mountain Bike all the way!

my 2 cents,
peace,
Kev.

Ha Ha....wow, I knew I might strike a nerve with you undercover off roaders. :D

The good thing is that I don't really plan to sell off any of the parts so I can always take it back to stock if I need to.

I do want to experiment with it a bit. (sorry Kev. :wink: )

Leave it alone !!!!
Do retro Clunker Upgrades!

You have enough High bar,Cruisers!
.....you know you want to Leave it alone Steve.
Clunkify it...Come on Steve.....all the Cool Kids are doing it. :mrgreen:

Where do you get front drum brakes from?

That will probably cost more than I paid for the bike...ha ha!

CLUNKER NATION

Hey it looks like my Electra; Sonny Garcia model..['Sonny Garcia is a famous world class surfer.. iff I'm not mistaken :?: I put the BMX stem and motocross bars on to give that clunker look

IMG_0091c.jpg

yes its got a 7 speed nexus w/ grip shift 8)

A few more for your viewing pleasure. I'm using a Kodak EasyShare V530....very small, but decent photo quality for a point and shoot.

I also need to tighten my chain a bit. :oops:

100_4542.jpg

100_4547.jpg

100_4546.jpg

100_4543.jpg

I'm really falling in love with this bike!

Is that a model that's still in production? I'm not having much luck finding anything on the web.

Dennis

Latest posts

Back