Easy Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
100_0004-1.jpg

Just got this last night and have some great ideas for it. Right now I cant really ride it. Im very picky about the way my bikes fit so my main goal is to fit it to be ridden on some cruiser rides without hurting my knees yet look totally radical. I will have to seek out the right parts and spend some money but this is my first contest build and I wanna have fun with it. Growing up, my chopper was a 20 inch Huffy single speed coaster brake bike with a 10 speed fork and 16 inch front wheel. It had ape hangers and a bannana seat that sat just above the rear tire. i drilled out the sissy bar so as much of it as possible could be above the seat to look like a cool backrest. This might just turn into the chopper I always wanted.

good start i exstended a few of these check out my intro i like working with these bikes you can do alot with them

just got a deal on this to repaint from another member on here. Captain America , here I come

004-12.jpg

sweet! finally someone does an captian america. :D

Today I pumped up the tires(the rear took forever) and adjusted a few things and then took it for a ride around the neighborhood. My knees are killing me from the seat being too low. I have to get a seatpost, banana seat and long sissy bar and it will ride better. Then I will pick out some apes for the right height. Definitely the most bizzare riding thing in my stable. Also I like the way the crank is wider then the WCC bike and knee clearance by the tank shouldnt be a problem. Removing all the stickers will.
100_0001-1.jpg

I agree, thats what I think I can get with the banana seat while keeping it low to the wheel. Right now the seat is above the max height mark and it does not look as cool as it does low. My favorite shop, Cycle Analyst, is closed on Sunday and Monday. The next afternoon off I get, I will be doing some shopping. I had about an hour to play tonight and started destickering it. A tedious pain in the but to do without scratching the paint. I want it all black but the tank and have to find a better pic of the Captain America bike to see what the rear fender was. I might be seeking out a chrome one.

oh my bad man! ive never seen that one before! looks good!

100_0005-1.jpg

Im off this morning and have my grocery list for the shop. I think the guys' son, who I got it from, might have crashed on it. I took it apart so its easier to work on and measure for new parts. I found the left pedal was bent, the grip was a little worn and the crank bolt cap was missing. Oh well, more cool parts to get. In the meantime, heres some pics I found on the internet that show the bike Im trying to somewhat replicate.

CABike.jpg

leftside.jpg

First mock up for fit

Im back from the shop, I got apehangers, longer bolts for the stem, seat post, seatpost shim, banana seat, sissy bar, and a headlight. It fits me incredibly well like this. I took it for a ride around my complex with no brakes for now, I didnt think about cables being to short. This is getting fun.
100_0006.jpg

johnp.smith said:
ca.jpg

Got this to go with it, Peter Fonda would be proud

:shock:
I had this same helmet (to ride my Suzuki 80 Scrambler) back in the early '70s!
I'm ashamed to say I had a set of matching tennies, too... :oops:

My tank just arrived

The mailman just delivered my tank. Are you starting to see Captain America yet? This is what I envisioned doing a few years ago when the Stingray choppers first came out. I just never got around to it because I thought it would be really silly. Who knew I would have so much fun doing it?

100_0007.jpg

100_0008-Copy.jpg

I always wondered what would happen if those two TV shows were playing at the same time!......One less thing to think about. Thanks..............Get painting!

Latest posts

Back