"Ebola" stretch Chopper (Weathering)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Car Bait 1 had a fatal frame failure after more than 4 000 miles of hard riding. It was a 1965 Hungarian light cruiser never built for this kind of punishment. It is sorely missed. The speedo was originally in MPH but everybody knows that metric is a lot faster! :) Funny thing is, I checked it with a radar sign and it is calibrated. I actually managed to bring it up to 60 one time. Pretty scary when you know too well how the whole bike was slapped together. I have no play in the frame whatsoever but it isn't true.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got real busy today. Managed to paint the frame so I can have my canvas to start putting it back together. I used bail wire as a back up for my McGyver bolt job before I taped over it. Now the fun part begins. :)







 

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
27,757
25,389
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
You need to find a way to incorporate the biohazard symbol
It would cool to have this as a wheel cover

 
  • Like
Reactions: OneHorsePower
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I suggest making the saddle bags from perforated sheet metal or mesh of some sort?

Or something existing, like deep fryer baskets for example,

:)
Oh that is such a good idea! Definitely a huge maybe.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started to do some weathering. Although nature will take it's course at some point, it doesn't hurt to help it along. I use to do this when building models and it is quite interesting to do on such a "big" scale.

You need some brush, oil paint, gloss and news paper, lots of thinner. I actually added a toothbrush in my kit because the surface is large. You thin your paint down with thinner to leave as few pigments as possible and dry it up on the paper. Then you just brush it down to get that dripping effect. You can also dab more pigments at the top of your drip and then use a brush with only thinner to bring it down. Some very subtle effects can be created this way, sometimes even more subtle than an airbrush. Practice makes perfect, I used a rust and gray color because, why not.









Here's the final look on the ugly side of the tank plate. Dry brushes loaded with pigment are also great to raise details. Of course this works better on a flat paint finish. You can always clear coat afterwards. Now to do the rest of the bike.