RRBBO13 EC RIDER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged a pic of KJV when he stopped by yesterday to see my build.

IMG_4816.JPG

I like it best with both fenders, but I have a suggestion to test.
How about rotating the rear fender around where the front lip is about as low as it can go and the rear lip is about in a bobber position.

How about rotating the rear fender around where the front lip is about as low as it can go and the rear lip is about in a bobber position.

Good, suggestion..
Sense, He is running Banna seat.:thumbsup:
:39:How about: running, the front femder:
On rear;& have forks, fenderness? :forum:,:bigboss::cool2:

That could work too

I'll try and mock that up and then post a pic to see what you guys think. It definitely sounds like a cool option.

I'm aweful at updating this thing. After my mock up I proceeded to go down quite the rabbit hole in terms of painting. To be frank I quickly found out that it is definitely not my calling in life!
IMG_4941.JPG

Little chain guard painting gave me a false sense that I may be ok at this painting thing. Wrong

Being my first bike build and paint job I didn't realize that I need to sand or scuff the area I wanted to paint red so the paint just ran everywhere, stuck to the tape, and peeled off when I took the tape off. Smh

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_4970.JPG

Needing all the help I could get I ran to KJV to help a brother out and get me straightened out.

IMG_4976.JPG

Now the red looked good but we had some overspray in spots so we had to hit it with some black primer. So now I had a frame with some satin and some flat paint. Being an idea I bought some flat black on the way home with the intent of making all the black, flat black. Naturally even though I was careful I got significant black over spray on my red and it have the whole thing a haze that looked like garbage. This pic is of the better looking of the two sides. The other side was much worse.

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

At this point I was ready to throw my frame off a cliff. However I made the decision that the only way to fix this was to hand paint the red. So with steady hands of my wife she painted the areas red and it turned out amazing. Crisis averted!

IMG_4985.JPG
IMG_4986.JPG

Find some old metal to practice on. Watch a few youtubes. Listen to KJV. In the end remember that lighter multiple coats is better that thick single coats.
Turned out good though. I really like the maltese cross there.

Latest posts

Back