Ed's '41 Elgin DeLuxe (Build Thread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved my shade tree tool tub back to the garage, put the tools back in their toolbox locations. It is amazing at what accumulated in the tub over 2-1/2 months. Guess I should have laid them all out and shot a photo. I didn't keep track of hours or dollars for the build. I took the Elgin for a spin this morning after organizing things. It's like the closing chapter in a good book, it ended well.
79c69c4fd99c0dd36859fecf41ad66c5.jpg

Finished Build Thread at: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/eds-1941-elgin-deluxe.99434/

Last edited:
In my mind I built a top 5 bike, but in the eyes of the voters it stands in top twenty...number 19 in one poll and number 15 in another. I know of some who voted for it, apparently a few others, thank you for your support. This thread had a lot of views (8,000), so people were, following the progress. I guess I needed some copper moons for a little higher standing. I've tried to second guess the psychology of the voting but I've never figured it out, maybe a bigger posse would have helped. The complexity and effort expended in the builds ought to be rewarded. Seems to be few clues in the builders only voting.
Thanks for the comments, suggestions and likes. As I said in another thread I'm probably bowing out of these builds. I have some more projects, but I think they will happen on my schedule. Happy trails, pathways, streets, single track, lanes or what ever you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back