el Bandido

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

for my very first build off this will be my inspiration. pretty cool eehh???

heres what i will start with went with a 24'' Schwinn

got a 20'' springer for it, had to do some adjustments to the fork to make it fit a 24'' wheel

ready for the mock up? well here it is . i put ape hangers and a sissy bar on it i got at a swap meet. and the fenders and chain guard are from a newer 26'' girls schwinn i parted out. i had to patch and priemer the front fender. none of the parts are bolted on just getting a idea of what im doin

Welcome to RRB and the madness of BO8.
Good luck.

i took the tube part off the fork made a guide line and cut the bottom off then shaved the edges with a grinder , it gave me about a inch and a half of room for the wheel to spin even gave me enoug room for a fender. sorry i got carried away and excited and forgot to take pictures

day 3. A Hanged Bandido

so friday was a little of a prank war at the shop. after a few back and forth pranks with a coworker i thought i was pretty smart by hiding his keys and messing with his door handle. well when i came back from lunch i walked into the shop to this.

That is awesome...I love work pranking. I made a sheet metal box and welded it up solid with a coworkers cell phone in it because it never stopped ringing.

is that a wester FLYER :mrgreen:

Haha that's a good one,very creative . Wish I coulda seen his reaction lol !! I did put his coffee mug up there after gettin my bike down. Monday should be good

Amazing what hot water, degreaser and a brush can do to dirty grimy hardware. Good as new.

Schwinn head badge. I plan on leaving it as it is. I like the weathered look of it.

No more rust, sanded all the rust off the handlebars and sissy bar. Getting closer and closer to paint the fun part, hard part is picking a color

started making holes in the springer fork so i will be able to attach a fender to.

mocked up where i wanted the holes to be

drilled the holes and threaded them

attached the fender with screws and done!

Been do alot of thinking on a color for the frame. even made a color template on the bike.

I think i have a winner with the color. gunna probally go with this brown for the frame. the picture does not do it justice though. what is hard to see is the gold flakes in the paint. it will pop when painted and out in the light. 8)

Every bandido needs bullets. Don't know how yet but, I will incorporate some shells into this build.

Latest posts

Back