El Chango Laton [Es Finito! 7/19]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UGH! That happened to me when I laced up the wheels on Firewing. I never knew that nipple washers ran in packs. :crazy:
WHAT NIPPLE WASHERS RUN IN PACKS!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Love the headlight. Kind of reminds me of the old E&J ones like this...

13000.jpg

Where did you get yours?

Glen.

Love the rake and complimentary angles on the bike. Awesome stance.
Great to see the fenders mocked. Those things are sexy!!
The light seems big for the fender, but when you step back it works great with the whole bike.
Looking sweet. Love the Zappa Dinah Moe Hub too.

Love the headlight. Kind of reminds me of the old E&J ones like this...
Where did you get yours?

Glen.

Mine is actually a bullet/beehive style reading lamp. It had a clamp-on mount for a headboard, which I removed. I saw the E&J likeness as well, and figured $15 was much better than I was going to do on even a repro E&J headlight.

Howzit going on this slick build?

Trying to get the frame ready for paint, and the handlebars modded/drilled to accommodate my Royal Enfield internally-routed reverse brake levers. Just at that slow point, when pics don't show any progress.

EDIT: The levers do have a nice complimentary reverse-curve when mounted to those bars though. Maybe I can snap a pic in the next day or two.

Last edited:
As I consider actually riding this bike, I think safety and comfort would be best served if I added a cyclecross interrupter/intermediate brake lever, at least for one of the brakes. That way, I can actually stop it when I'm not down in the drops.

The OD on these old motorcycle reverse brake levers is 22.2 mm (7/8"), the same as the handlebars. In order to mate the two, I needed to make some kind of sleeves. The best source that I could think of that had a 22.2mm ID was a 1" road fork, so I hacked off the upper section of the steerer from an old Taiwanese unit, cut it in half and...
2015-07-03%2011.25.28_zpsrwhqdd05.png

...it looks like it's going to work.

Latest posts

Back