"El Dinero" [Build on Failure ~ Johnny Cash] ++Short Video++

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Springers together, still working the swing-arm to attach the two forks...it'll have an 8" swing-arm to lower the front hub to a ridiculous height, but that's the way Cash would've wanted it.
19655170571_af23d1182d_n.jpg
19655170571_af23d1182d_n.jpg

Finally gett'n around to mocking up length... 3 weeks is look'n closer than ever!:headbang:
19462726898_08ca36573b_n.jpg

19464151299_fcacc24cfc_n.jpg
19464151299_fcacc24cfc_n.jpg
Really like how this build is going! :thumbsup:
Maybe post bigger pics?

Don't count me out, engineering as I go and only hav'n time to punch the clock at night is running me down to the wire.
Finding bikes to hack & piece together isn't as easy lately either. The metal man around here must be mainlining energy drinks cause my honey hole has dried up... so far the count is seven bikes, an old pair of shock absorbers, a bed frame, a piece of rebar, a firetruck light, and some springs from a porch swing...Mr. Cash is finally roll'n...
20005768792_ee10c27cdc_c.jpg

"I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around." :cool2:

Last edited:
Love that fork!!! Great stance on this ride.
Keep plugging away

Don't count me out, engineering as I go and only hav'n time to punch the clock at night is running me down to the wire.
Finding bikes to hack & piece together isn't as easy lately either. The metal man around here must be mainlining energy drinks cause my honey hole has dried up... so far the count is seven bikes, an old pair of shock absorbers, a bed frame, a piece of rebar, a firetruck light, and some springs from a porch swing...Mr. Cash is finally roll'n...
20005768792_ee10c27cdc_c.jpg

"I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around." :cool2:
I was listening to this song the other day... cool build

Thanks for the kind words folks! I had hoped to get a lil more going today after church but had some OT issues pop up to derail me. I'm finally about to head out to the garage to get a few more welds on the frame and thought I pop on to get a day light shot on here... Lovin the Hello Kitty rear down tubes I ended up using for the bottom rear supports. Their curves gave me a purrrrrrrrrfect :rofl: line for my frame down tube to swoop back up to the rear forks.
20044671241_fd465e2e7c_c.jpg

19852740999_5805cb645e_c.jpg

Great flowing lines on the frame! Keep it up, you've still got time.
Right on Reno-Man!!!!
All across the globe we're out in our little corners of the world, our bodies are filthy, burned or caliced, our hair perhaps greasy and smelling of welding smoke or paint fumes....our neighbors lie in bed wondering what past sins are they paying for to have us next door. If you're like me you're in an hypnotic trance to birth the vision lurking in your head. I keep saying it's not my hot rod, I should be finishing it instead....it's only a bike, but it's in my head and it must be removed if I am to return to my mundane existence. I'm officially in what I refer to as "Kill Mode!" In honor of J.R. Cash, I will ride El Deniro across the finishline!

Right on Deuce!! I might be heading to OS on Saturday to find a good photo op place on the beaches, if you're around I'll stop by.

Great stance

One and Done! 1:00am that is...:dance2:
Here's how the day went...
Started at 10:00am (Can't shrug the chores and the ritual Saturday 6:00am Pancake making with my girls, breakfast with the misses, so 10:00 was the earliest I could break out and get busy.)
Frame was finally ready to be stripped, all together the frame consisted of five different bikes...
20225264561_ab89121f05_c.jpg

All cleaned up and seat mounted...
20193253396_a73539d579_c.jpg

Seat looked to good in metal to cover so I opted to save it for swapping out and work another seat I had...this one's a little too standard bike for me so I tore off the cover and did some shaping to give it more the custom bobber look I want before covering in serape for the "El Dinero" look I wanted.
19598510893_88812b50b8_c.jpg

Shaped up real nicely and covered smooth as a Johnny Cash "Folsom Prison Blues" riff
20193225666_e2708d244d_c.jpg[

About 5:00 pm, done with paint...
19598405853_86e3da2306_z.jpg

And from 6:00 till 1:00am is when the real fun started...El Dinero rides!!! :cool2:Now to sleep, church and some photo taking....Hasta Mañana BOTEN Folks!

Latest posts

Back