"El Dinero" [Build on Failure ~ Johnny Cash] ++Short Video++

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that was a nail-biter!!!!! Thinking I had till midnight and frozen internet nearly did me in... just threw as many pics up as I could get in which was three, sooooo it is what it is. All in fun!

Here's what I didn't get up, enjoy!

20245043605_2daaf12bb7_c.jpg

20250861771_1549e2ca0c_c.jpg

20250879251_2358532640_c.jpg

20250872531_f34a9e84d2_c.jpg

Cash "Coin"- cidence
20218806106_0215520aab_c.jpg

20250842831_ba9f5232c1_c.jpg

20250839131_1671420c9d_c.jpg

20245004065_ed469bfdd6_c.jpg

19622387994_e4b0535482_c.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't get my video to work, I'll play with adding it later but wanted folks to see that I actually rode it around today looking for places to shoot pics. All together about 20 miles today. It was the first time my shake-down run was also the one and only maiden voyage... It's officially my favorite bike!!!! It's comfortable, easy to ride and quite! I also really dig the way I can take the back wheel off and the chain completely without breaking the chain. As I said in the beginning, since I built this with a lotta junk I'd used for my first two builds, and I was paying tribute to Mr. Cash, I figure I'm already a winner for the amount of fun I'm going to have on this steed.

19626514463_98f440478f_c.jpg

I really like how the chain goes above the chain stays so you never need to break the chain to remove it. And, the second picture from the top is my favorite. Too bad your internet froze up so you couldn't download them to the finished thread. Bike came out great. Lets go hit the boardwalk this weekend!

Thank
This came out awesome, nice work!
Thanks man! When your starting thought is, "what would Cash have done?" How can you go wrong...
I know most folks would probably have said he'd have gone black, but I really gave it some thought and in his elder years he was more stripped/open on his life and just raw to who he was. The seat cover represents how diverse he was as an artist and the many performers he recorded with and still learn from him.
Sorry for the long rambling response, I just realized I hadnt explained the aspects of the build as I thought each part out, I'm not good with that part of these threads.

Last edited:
I really like how the chain goes above the chain stays so you never need to break the chain to remove it. And, the second picture from the top is my favorite. Too bad your internet froze up so you couldn't download them to the finished thread. Bike came out great. Lets go hit the boardwalk this weekend!
I now I really wanted the pics to get on there but oh well....next year I'll try to account for the 10:00 deadline....just seriously glad I got any up in time...I also see Luke or another moderator was nice enough to combine the three in one. I was rapid firing them to ensure I got as many before the close because my internet kept freezing.

I now I really wanted the pics to get on there but oh well....next year I'll try to account for the 10:00 deadline....just seriously glad I got any up in time...I also see Luke or another moderator was nice enough to combine the three in one. I was rapid firing them to ensure I got as many before the close because my internet kept freezing.
:bigsmile: Haha! You noticed that did you?
I sometimes help clean up threads by combining posts, it's the minor OCD kicking in... ;)
:forum:

Luke.

:bigsmile: Haha! You noticed that did you?
I sometimes help clean up threads by combining posts, it's the minor OCD kicking in... ;)
:forum:

Luke.
:thumbsup: Thanks mate! If you haven't been told in the last five seconds, you do an awesome job and it shows in how smoothly things run around here!:grin: This is genuinely a fun outlet for a stressful day...

Latest posts

Back