El Torreon Swap Meet - Kansas City Mo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nine days I work on my truck this next week, already have a nice pile at Cowtown Mallroom ( that's the inside of El Torreon) for anyone who wants per swap deals. Sunday from 11am to 4pm.

ive looked at the forecast for next week and its lookin like hot and rainy for the swap meet Don... whats the plans in case it does rain? a LEGIT rain or shine swap meet??

Easy E

I'm sure if it rains, there will be some dancin in the streets and some swapin under the big tops (EZ UPS ) know what I mean.
Bring your shade people we are in a blacktopped parking lot.

RAIN OR SHINE BABY--Being it on, I'm ready for a swap meet in the heat or the rain. We will start when the first two people get there (5:30ish) or at first light.

We'll have a mister set up for the heat and I'll have my "EZ UP" for the rain or the sun.

FEAR WHAT? Common sense will be our guide. We won't like anyone go on if we think someone is over doing it, There will be water and A/C close by so no one should get over heated.

I really want everyone to have a good time and find some cool stuff.

THIS IS THE BIG ONE FOR THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY,FOLKS!!!...in my opinion it should be a 2-day event!!! If your looking for that special,hard to find part &/or bike,chances are you're gonna find it here or at least find a lead on it here...so I don't wanna hear any snivel'in about "oh, I should've gone to El Torreon but it was too hot"...snooze you lose.Pack up your parts & bikes for sale and haul your keester on down to 31st & Gillam,KCMO...THIS SUNDAY!!!...Pappy 8) and for those of you who didn't hear...Jon Lord,keyboards
for DEEP PURPLE,passed last Monday :cry: I'm a huge "Purple"fan...the loss is large...RIP,Jon...

Thanks Pappy,
Yep this is the biggest swap meet for several hundred miles, with a lot of older collectors that are starting to thin their collections. I'm sorry to say we've lost two or three of our big collectors in the past couple of years. Stuff is out there to be bought.

Up,up & away!

And since the swap is in our parking lot, don't forget to come inside the Cowtown Mallroom where there are many other bicycles, parts, scooters, wagons and much more. Per Abe the doors will open an hour earlier at 10am so the bicycle swapers can check out the Mall and get all the good deals before it opens to the general public. You will find me (10~18 Kustoms) right at the top of the stairs just off the parking lot where the swap will be. That is assuming I can get back from the KKOA Lead Sled and Bike Spoketacular in Salina in time. See ya Sunday!

I'll chime in too. This is definitely the "don't miss" swap meet of the year for our area. Hopefully I will be done with everything at the Spoketacular in Salina in time to scoot back to KC and hit this one too.

Lancer

Lowpower, my wife will be there also, she'll be happily selling my stuff while I'm running all over the swap. lol

dos cruiser said:
Mitch, do you know if anyone is coming up besides you?

Besides Lowpowered and his wife (Little blue trike) I dont know of anybody else.

but who knows... there may be several coming that I dont know about?

Looks like I will be bringing this one....
001.jpg

But I think Marty called dibs.

I will be cramming pretty much anything I can into a Honda Accord, hope it has good shocks!

Don,

John and I will be there... not sure if we're selling just yet. A telephone call tonight will determine that decision. You and many of the people chiming in on this thread supported our swap meet back in June here in Blue Springs, MO, [the Little Blue River Bike Swap] we would be happy to support you in your endeavor too.

Clark

Mitch, that's a good looking bike and I have a real nice tank that would fit it if I was the buying it. (Tank nfs)

Sleeper, I hope guys can make to sell but if you don't maybe I'll sell more.

Always happy when we get a big turn out.

Well.... I guess we could just let ya'll duke it out :lol:

Bottom line... Marty and I haven't made a deal, but I need to let him have dibs on it.

If he passes on it.... then Ill throw it to the wolves.

Im also bringing a few parts I've gathered for it, like... a ND model A, a straight crank, correct chainring with decent chrome, and a correct stem with decent chrome. Might even bring a decent skiptooth chain.

Mitch, I'm going to say "pass" now so I won't be disappointed later, because I need to thin my herd, not add to it. Besides, I have two in the basement I need to work on.

Latest posts

Back