Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recently completed Octavio MkII, built from a brand new 2012 Rat Fink that I traded most of the original Octavio for. The only parts carried over are the rear wheel and seat and it's ALL Electra save for the Behind Bars fork and Dirty Dog Reaper stem. Here's the story of the original build and evolution to the finished bike alongside its six string sister build and finished in nitro lacquer by yours truly and striped by Jimmy C in 2011.

There are a TON of pics here of the build progress, hope you like what you see!
http://electrabikeforums.websitetoolbox ... ux-5810062

Feel free to check out my photostream, you can see my khaki Courier (stay tuned, a few more mods in the pipeline), my daughter's Super 72, and dearly departed bikes like my first Electra, a Boney Finger (stolen), 2010 NBB Felt, and his and hers Super Deluxes.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/23228900@N07/

Untitled by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Untitled by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Powdercoated and pinstriped Dirty Dog Reaper stem. by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Moon cam for extra horsepower by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Bought a new bike 8)

DSC_0388.jpg~original

DSC_0450.jpg~original

DSC_0320.jpg~original

DSC_0342.jpg~original

DSC_0404.jpg~original

DSC_0326.jpg~original

DSC_0435.jpg~original

DSC_0324.jpg~original

Which means my old bike is up for sale :shock:

DSC_0313.jpg~original

DSC_0303.jpg~original

Keep them both if you can afford to and you have the room, they are completely different animals. My courier hasn't gotten much love lately but I plan on getting a front rack for it very soon. So far I've added a seven speed and along with a rack I'd like a front drum like yours.... Very nice collection you've got there, I've always admired that mint green rockabilly conversion, very tasteful.

Thank You :D I'd love to keep both, but I need more space and more cash.. I have 3 bicycles at home right now (2 mine + borrowed Townie Art for my gf), which is two more than my place can normally handle :lol:

Re:

!markos said:
Thank You :D I'd love to keep both, but I need more space and more cash.. I have 3 bicycles at home right now (2 mine + borrowed Townie Art for my gf), which is two more than my place can normally handle :lol:
I have:
My cruiser
Wife's two cruisers
My road bike and her road bike
Her old road bike
My mountainbike
My dad's old Cannondale MTB
The garage has bikes hanging all over the place!! However each one is different and we rid most of them. Keep 'em!

I just picked up myself my first Electra, a 'Custom' with alloy frame, 24x3 fattio up back and 26" up front. Mint condition, apparently about 7 years old.

This first pic is how it looked when I picked it up.
1471366_10202725593767726_209527034_n.jpg

As soon as I got home I took the mudguards and the chainguard off, and swapped the bars for something with less sweep. It feels and rides great, but I'd like to ditch the triple clamp forks for something lighter and less 'motorbikey'.
1458563_10202742243063948_361614881_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back