Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was REALLY hoping to have the Betty back together this weekend but had a mixup with spokes so....
IMG_E5568.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5566.JPG
    IMG_5566.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 210
View attachment 88667
Two speed auto. 650c front wheel. Rob (Gonzo) English is making me a custom bar. Next is a Monark springer (with longer rockers). Check the rough hewn rear facing drop-out which drop it 7/8 and lengthen it an inch.
Nice beat-up look! Rob is a cool guy, looking forward for his bars to finish up the looks of the bike!

View attachment 88667
Two speed auto. 650c front wheel. Rob (Gonzo) English is making me a custom bar. Next is a Monark springer (with longer rockers). Check the rough hewn rear facing drop-out which drop it 7/8 and lengthen it an inch.
That's a great idea for the dropouts, was it difficult to do? Someday I'd like to find a cheap Cruiser1 for a barhopper!

That's a great idea for the dropouts, was it difficult to do? Someday I'd like to find a cheap Cruiser1 for a barhopper!

It was very easy, if you're confident using a tape measure, a drill and a hacksaw.. My rear wheel us very slightly lower on one side, but I'll remedy that with a file next time I have the wheel out.

And speaking of cool girl bikes I'm ALMOST there with the Betty....just waiting on front spokes (story of my life) and right after this pic was taken the bike was bumped into by someone who shall remain nameless and the bottom rear of the front fender was injured. Badly. Fortunately the same gent I bought the rear Hellbetty tandem fender from has a front fender as well so it'll all get put together good as new soon.
IMG_E5670.JPG

And speaking of cool girl bikes I'm ALMOST there with the Betty....just waiting on front spokes (story of my life) and right after this pic was taken the bike was bumped into by someone who shall remain nameless and the bottom rear of the front fender was injured. Badly. Fortunately the same gent I bought the rear Hellbetty tandem fender from has a front fender as well so it'll all get put together good as new soon.View attachment 89409
Awesome build (the other bike), man. One of my favorite ones here, i think of it often :)
And for the Betty, how about using a front fender for the back, and a shorty for the front? Then the injury won't be visible too much, and i think front shorty/rear fullsize might look better then the opposite.

Awesome build (the other bike), man. One of my favorite ones here, i think of it often :)
And for the Betty, how about using a front fender for the back, and a shorty for the front? Then the injury won't be visible too much, and i think front shorty/rear fullsize might look better then the opposite.
Thanks for the compliment! As soon as it's done I'll have to get good shots of both pairs. As for the fender, I hear ya, I remember when the mens's Ratrod came out with a bobbed rear and fullsize front I thought it looked goofy. But when I got the chance to get my hands on this HellBetty fender the wheels started turning and I was soon taking apart and powdercoating and rebuilding wheels....fortunately the cost of the front fender is super negligible so it'll go back together and no one will be the wiser, plus, most importantly, it'll look like it came that way. Sleeper hotrod girl bike haha
Hellbetty.jpg

Decided to ride the Fink to work today (4.5 miles) and knew I'd be a little late arriving. About 3/4 of the way there I was noticing a lot of noise and vibration and that bike is normally whisper quiet. I decided to push on and was relieved to find once I arrived that it was simply the bolt for the fender coming loose. Even though it meant pulling the rear wheel off to tighten it back up, I'm lucky enough to work in a place where we have tools and nobody gives me side eye for conducting emergency bicycle surgery in the lobby after arriving 15 minutes late!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back