Electra Bicycle Pics

• The new forum software has been installed. We are still working on a few issues...some images not displaying, spacing, colors, etc. Please send Rat Rod any issues that you may encounter when using the forum. Thanks!
Sep 4, 2008
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've needed some bike carrying ability for a WHILE now....the cost of a receiver, installation, and which rack to buy all seemed like too much. The other day by chance an acquaintance who drives a Crown Vic (same car I drive) said he had one he took off his car and he'd take $20 for it. I cleaned it up and painted it and it's going on this Saturday, pretty stoked about it. By the End of this month I'll be able to carry two bikes without taking them apart!
FINALLY....I'm buying this barely used rack from a guy who is moving to Japan for work. Did a little test run this morning and put my two heaviest bikes on to push that 70 lbs weight limit to the max....
hauler.jpg

Apr 8, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I sold the 20" Rat Fink, just couldn't make myself paint it. Found this thrashed little Betty. They were asking 30 and got it for 20. Going to take it into work and powdercoat it a metallic gold color. Springer front fork and new fenders, as well as some other goodies

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't find the show me you Fuji thread.
Can I put my old pawn shop Barnebey 3 in here?
I never seen nuthin like it and just had to have it!!
Set me back three Jacksons I tell ya!
20190613_182336.jpg

Probably the only bike I'll never modify. Maybe just a new front sprocket.
And the 3-speed needs some work. Missing the push rod and only second gear right now.

Reactions: str8six_99
Jun 23, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across a set of small ape hangers on recent old bike purchase. Decided to try them on my Townie and I think they will stay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great looking ride Handy! All the beautiful Electra bikes on this thread made me get my Townie out and on the road this weekend. I don’t nearly have the mod skills as all you guys but here is a quick shot of my ride. I just ordered a nice double kickstand and can’t wait to get it so I can replace that aggravating stock kickstand.

Aug 4, 2016
Poznan, Poland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking ride Handy! All the beautiful Electra bikes on this thread made me get my Townie out and on the road this weekend. I don’t nearly have the mod skills as all you guys but here is a quick shot of my ride. I just ordered a nice double kickstand and can’t wait to get it so I can replace that aggravating stock kickstand.
Wow! Yours is the very early townie, looks real cool! I have never seen a single speed townie before.

Reactions: x3bowens
Jun 23, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Yours is the very early townie, looks real cool! I have never seen a single speed townie before.
Thank you Starnger! Yes, it's a early model Townie. It has such a smooth ride too. It was already classic model when I bought it about 5 years ago! It's flat land where I ride, so the single speed works for me! Although I wouldn't mind upgrading to a internal 3 speed hub at some point - that's all I'd ever really need.

Apr 8, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the 'Little Betty' into work today to paint. This thing was such rough shape. Painted sargant gold with an anti graffiti clear coat. Daughter loves the color. Going to get new fenders, springer fork, and banana seat

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2012
El Lago, TX
Rating - 100%
42   0   0

You live in El Lago too?