Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been mulling over what to name this one, and then it hit me....My mom's name was Sue and her sisters are Betty and Jean. By sheer coincidence in the past few months I've acquired a Flying Sue, a Red Betty, and now this. And this is NOT a Jean. For a couple weeks now I've been trying to think of a Spanish name that would stick (after all we're literally minutes from Mexico here and the bike is pretty much a ladies' copy version of the elusive Electra Zarape) and then it hit me....the rough Spanish translation of Jean....Juanita. So yeah her name is Juanita now. :)

The one thing I would like to add is a rear rack for carrying a lock. Unfortunately Electra doesn't sell them in chrome anymore, only silver, which is kinda lame and would totally clash with the chrome fork struts I took from the Betty. Putting my feelers out, I KNOW there is a chrome NOS ladies rack gathering dust in a local bike shop somewhere out there....

Last edited:
2A2E6411-B4DE-4871-A5F7-3B01CA771E33.jpeg
14D092A7-0502-48F1-A241-1BABCCD23CFC.jpeg
Pretty cool pair of ladies’ hot rods i think. Betty, which i got crazy cheap, and Juanita, who i probably spent too much on. No i DID spend too much haha. Oh well it all evens out.

Nice! I’d love to find a clean pink fink and actually have the money at the same time haha. What’s the story on that shifter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, everything is coming together on my rockabilly, but I hate this crankset, any advise on something that would make for a simple straight forward swap out? Some sort of big 5 spoke black crank is sort of what I'm thinking. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 20180625_165528.jpg
    20180625_165528.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 277
Hey guys, everything is coming together on my rockabilly, but I hate this crankset, any advise on something that would make for a simple straight forward swap out? Some sort of big 5 spoke black crank is sort of what I'm thinking. Thanks all.
I love the crankset of that bike so much! I'd buy it from you, but you are probably on the other side of the oceans from me :D
You can always put a BMX crankset to use with any sprocket.

Have the same bike but I have kept mine stock. IMO one of the coolest bikes Electra ever made!

62d72b75c6c3ece89e1e2db8d51e3c8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics of my Ghostrider...3" wide rear wheel, 2.5" wide front wheel, Fatti-O 24x3 tires, TT Electra bars, Sturmey Archer 8 speed, offset seat post, electra saddle, double kickstand and lightweight pedals. . Love the ride of this bike!:)

2eb5b9e4.jpg

8b151e22.jpg

80abecde.jpg

b89e85f7.jpg

4c4b6c2c.jpg

39f0a151.jpg

c101edb4.jpg
Beautiful. Solid. Great pictures.

Swooped this bike up for my buddy today, SAWEEEET ride. What can you guys tell me about it? The add said it was a Rat Fink, but I don't know if that's true, it doesn't say Rat Fink anywhere? It does say steel frame under the seat. Any who, it's freakin awesome, and I'm sure you can tell from the picture, it made by buddies night!

Attachments

• 36950967_10217519635728985_7174228545634304000_n.jpg
    36950967_10217519635728985_7174228545634304000_n.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 249
Swooped this bike up for my buddy today, SAWEEEET ride. What can you guys tell me about it? The add said it was a Rat Fink, but I don't know if that's true, it doesn't say Rat Fink anywhere? It does say steel frame under the seat. Any who, it's freakin awesome, and I'm sure you can tell from the picture, it made by buddies night!
It is a nice ride! Similar frame as Rat Fink had, but i have heard the Jeremys are slightly longer. Got one of those bikes at school :)

It is a nice ride! Similar frame as Rat Fink had, but i have heard the Jeremys are slightly longer. Got one of those bikes at school :)
Thanks for the info, looks to be a Jeremy indeed. It's got a good 6" on my rockabilly, rides really well. Excited to see what he does with it. :)

New tank frame from Electra.
The 2019 catalog is on their site too. I noticed there's a few under the cruiser line that aren't in the catalog but are on the website.
54e855db79e01e284c59ef6a73ff9fa7.jpg

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Meh, I don't understand the direction they are taking. the only Attitude bikes they are gonna make now is that '93, the Straight 8 (which they've made FOREVER, you'd think that by now everyone who wants one would have one) and the Ghostrider, which is a cool bike but still....pretty much no selection. Ever since the sale to Trek, they've just gotten more and more vanilla....

Latest posts

Back