Electra restoration

Dec 3, 2010
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at my local goodwill outlet for $15. I figured I could flip it for a little profit. Then my niece came over and took the bike for a ride. She fell in love with it and asked if she could have it. So I did some research on removing paint. Took a trip to Lowe's to pick up some graffiti remover then got busy. It's not perfect but it's a whole lot better. It will look great under the Christmas tree with a big bow on it.

Thankfully they only painted one side.
Original paint looking great under all the spraypaint.

Only messed up one decal. They are under the clear coat.

Dec 3, 2010
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used graffiti remover and easy off oven cleaner and a brillo pad on the tires. Easy off attacked the anodizing on the rim and it attacked the rubber tires. I ran out of graffiti remover so I finished up with the brillo pad which worked great on the tires. I wish I would have used the brillo pad first.

Jul 19, 2012
Northern Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used graffiti remover and easy off oven cleaner and a brillo pad on the tires. Easy off attacked the anodizing on the rim and it attacked the rubber tires. I ran out of graffiti remover so I finished up with the brillo pad which worked great on the tires. I wish I would have used the brillo pad first.
I bought a low value bike hat was 100 percent orange spray paint on tires and wheels too . I gave up on frame. Chrome wheels came out ok tires . I scraped with a knife, then steel wool. Then thinner. Still had about 5 percent on the tires. I just mounted them on my winter bike . You did a much better clean up than I did!