Electrolysis Season NOT PICKED UP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Electrolysis Time to Reflect

kcjim78 said:
Hay Burner said:
JJBones said:
But will it remove unwanted body hair? :D

This is the first thing I thought when I read the title. :lol:

You have some great info here, it never ceases to amaze me the ingenuity that this board shows. You know you are only a couple vats and chemicals away from electroplating, but I think I would leave that one alone.
As a free thinking Upper Appalachia Red Neck. I assume that when you say I would leave that alone, in reality you are saying let’s get a beer and look at this. Well rest assured I am not interested in the nasty chemicals involved with chrome plating. Nickel or copper plating you ask ? Let me go get a couple beers…. :lol:

Sounds like a great ideal some of the coolest things have come out of a meeting of the minds and a case of beer.

I will wuss out until maybe May or June, it's a little too cold for this redneck's blood where you are right now. :D There's about an inch of snow on the ground right now. It didn't stick to the roads but people are panicking like it did though.

Re: Electrolysis ICE! 22Deg. Done for now

I am not a fan of the cold either, now that I think about it the other end of the spectrum is not enjoyable. 45 to 75 is my best range. I also noticed this is the best temperature range for my cleaning system. For those you not in tune to my mind set this is important ( The non BS thread would simply say… The process works best from 45 to 75 ambient air temperature ) Ok if you are going to fallow this thread remember to analyze what I said. Oh yea no matter what I try to sell you this is not my cleaning system. I could put a hook on it, bait it! throw it out there and real in some cash. We are not going there with this project. Let’s get a few folks to throw one of these together and learn togeather. I am not telling you to try this, it can be dangerous even deadly. Accept responsibility for yourself and your actions. The best thing to do if you cannot deal with this simple statement is too… turn on the TV and watch it. Then go to your local big box store, doctor or whatever else they are promoting and blindly buy what they are offering. The single biggest benefit of this is…. You will be considered normal by our consumer driven society. I will be glad when I can get back to experimenting.

can this be done inside? i know i cant paint in the basement because of the hot water tanks.

X-RAY said:
can this be done inside? i know i cant paint in the basement because of the hot water tanks.
Let's see if I can make this simpleNO
You are making hydrogen gas, this is explosive gas! explosive gas explodes. Now at 12 volts we have lit the bubbles with a torch and they pop. The issue is as with any flammable gas, if you put it inside and it builds up and then finds an ignition source[size=7] BAM BOOM KABOOM [/size]you get the idea. This is where people freak out. Natural gas, Gasoline, Propane way more dangerous. You know to respect these and use them in a well ventilated area so… treat this the same.

thats what i figured.hopefully this keeps someone from trying it. thanx.

X-RAY said:
thats what i figured.hopefully this keeps someone from trying it. thanx.

And thank you for asking . This is a good time to remind all you folks once more. This is not meant as a set of instructions on doing this yourself but rather a place to discuss and learn together.
There is vast amounts of good information (along with bad ) out there on the net. I was just totally amazed and shocked at how well this works. The fact that there are no harsh, corrosive, carcinogen or otherwise highly toxic chemicals to deal with makes it worth the effort to learn how to use it to me.
I believe from the bottom of my heart the reason this and other more natural ways of doing anything are not readily available is the fact you can build it and use it far cheaper and with as good or better results , than it can be packaged and sold to you. Where do I make my profit it I can not sell it to you?

Theoretically you could increase the number of rods to get a better result, right? Increases the contact area

Vonpotter said:
Theoretically you could increase the number of rods to get a better result, right? Increases the contact area

Theory sounds good, but I'm thinking it might reduce the strength of the pull.

yoothgeye said:
Vonpotter said:

Theory sounds good, but I'm thinking it might reduce the strength of the pull.
Theory sounds good, but I'm thinking it might reduce the strength of the pull.[/quote]
Yes; well really we have no idea what will happen, or at least I do not so... both ideas have merit right ? This is why someone else needs to step up to the plate here and volunteer information. How else will we learn. I know I am not the only one doing this. Anybody ?????

Give me time, I have everything here I need but like at your place, it's cold!

yoothgeye said:
Give me time, I have everything here I need but like at your place, it's cold!
Ok please remember, from my unofficial observations along with my unprofessional opinion!! The best ambient air temperature is 45 to 75 degrees. We need to have our systems ready and running as soon as possible. There will be a quiz in April weather permitting. :wink:

Vonpotter said:
Sweet!
I snagged an old plastic barrel that I was going to give the wifey as a housewarming present for her garden. Looks like I'll be looking for another present for her :mrgreen:
How is the part round up going? You did not get talked into building a rain barrel did you ? :)

Re: Electrolysis Season Premiere TBA

Season Premiere TBA
Well welcome back! Ok I rolled the drum inside with about 2 inches of ice on top last week, knowing the weatherman was saying this weekend would be warm. All l I can say is Wow!!!!!! I do not have time to do the update now but stay tuned. This is a season Premiere you will not want to miss

Well the parts roundup is just fine, having that same arctic problem you are. Probably wont get started until early March :cry:

I've been looking at this process for the car undercarriage. Apparently wire up all the nodes around the tank that you can - as the removel process is 'line of sight' - so surround the little bu**er and it'll help a lot.

John

Vonpotter said:
Well the parts roundup is just fine, having that same arctic problem you are. Probably wont get started until early March :cry:
March it is :D

Well I have a lot going on at this time and I am not real fast at typing so… I pulled this out of the scrap pile
Rusty rim
IMG_2805_zpsef4cb7a9.jpg

IMG_2806_zps103a8e78.jpg

IMG_2810_zps0be62b7b.jpg

IMG_2823_zps7bd9553f.jpg

Not rusty rim!! Any questions ?
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/kcjim78/Electrolysis/IMG_2836_zps8dd9f2b5.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/kcjim78/Electrolysis/IMG_2835_zps49db0e77.jpg
IMG_2832_zps7a1a9000.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/kcjim78/Electrolysis/IMG_2838_zpsdb088a29.jpg[/img
[img]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/kcjim78/Electrolysis/IMG_2829_zpsc2d9376f.jpg

No offense...But that rim belongs in the scrap pile

WELL!! DO NOT ASK ME TO SELL IT TO YOU! WHEN YOU WANT TO BUILD YOUR SWISS CHEESE THEAMED BIKE :lol Really I just wanted to show this removes rust no matter how bad with very little effort. :)
Vonpotter said:
No offense...But that rim belongs in the scrap pile

bike2112 said:
How long was that wheel in the tank?
I had it in about 6 hours first round and the wiped it down with a copper coated scrub pad from the dollar store. I put it back in til morning, 9 hours and scurbed it agian. Then hosed it off.Total time scrubing - about 10 min. the first time and 15 the second

Latest posts

Back