ELGIN DECOLUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike's lookin good TRM!
The faux pins are close to the OG paint Monarch fender pinstripes:nod:
IMG_4249_zpsc9530mux.jpg~original

No bait and switch here. Tyler can back that up based on our discussion while he was at my shop. And actually I've thought about what Tyler said about the deluxe vs. standard and have decided to leave off any paint. Besides that, it saves me some precious time!

Oh good. I'd hate to be a spoiler. My first thought was bare metal..I like the bare metal look you've got going perfect for the survivor look...you've done just the right amount of polishing. Those are really cool looking rims. Never seen those.

Bike's lookin good TRM!
The faux pins are close to the OG paint Monarch fender pinstripes:nod:
I used my original Monarks for inspiration.:)

output_VIR2Rs.gif

I had an idea yesterday and this reminds me of it.
Do you think it would be possible to silk screen on the sidewall of a tire?

VERY solid, man! Love the look and feel. Truly gorgeous build. Completely reminds me of a 1930's streamline locomotive. [emoji1303]

ebd19d6a334b24898ba0087126031862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for noticing! Those trains were a big influence on my approach to this bike. Before planning the build, I did a lot of research from that period including trains, automobiles, architecture and even appliances!

I reassembled the wheels and trued them up yesterday evening. Another spoke broke while trying to get them perfectly true but luckily I had bought one extra last week.

Here's my redneck truing stand.:21: I use a junk frame for the rear.
Decoluxe truing.jpg

Thanks for noticing! Those trains were a big influence on my approach to this bike. Before planning the build, I did a lot of research from that period including trains, automobiles, architecture and even appliances!
Trains, Frigidaires, and Automobiles....might be a nice final video title.....:bigsmile:

Your teaser shots and pictorials have created the same effect on RRBers as Raymond Lowey had on his curious neighbors here Jim...
I for one can also barely wait for your anticipated dramatic final reveal ...:wink1: :thumbsup: :praise:

abc577f8d589ffe79b1c8d5cd21d8cf5.jpg

Yes the tire painting worked great. I used some rattle can 'trim black'.
index.php
Turned out sweet ! just the perfect shine and clean look

that polished part too is very cool , nice little touch that will help the flow with your awesome trim work :113:
index.php

Your teaser shots and pictorials have created the same effect on RRBers as Raymond Lowey had on his curious neighbors here Jim...
I for one can also barely wait for your anticipated dramatic final reveal ...:wink1: :thumbsup: :praise:

abc577f8d589ffe79b1c8d5cd21d8cf5.jpg
How cool would that have been to be Raymond Loewy's neighbor?! Great designer!
Turned out sweet ! just the perfect shine and clean look

that polished part too is very cool , nice little touch that will help the flow with your awesome trim work :113:
index.php
Thanks 1HP. I finished up the wheels and tires today, they look just as I had hoped they would on the bike.
index.php

I can't wait to see the chain guard paint...

Carl.
I'll try to take one and post it tomorrow for you.

The little Moon discs that I made for the drop stand bolts got some branding today. Then I lost one of the bushings so I wasn't able to put them on.:mad: I'll have to waste time tomorrow making another one.
101_1473.jpg

I'm getting very close but some small setbacks are keeping me from finishing.

The little Moon discs that I made for the drop stand bolts got some branding today. Then I lost one of the bushings so I wasn't able to put them on.:mad: I'll have to waste time tomorrow making another one.
View attachment 30046

I'm getting very close but some small setbacks are keeping me from finishing.
Those are the bees knees. I would buy a set just to have on the shop wall!
-B.J.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take a set also...

Latest posts

Back