>>>Eliminator 20" Muscle: Final finished picture here, p. 62

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Drag chute plan, page 50

The chute looks to be a great accessory, will be interesting to hear how much drag it creates when deployed. Streamers yes, I see them on motorcycles. Saw one the other day with leather streamers that almost touched the ground. Looked like potential safety hazard though being so long.

Peatbog said:
Thanks. Sometimes you just need to make a change--even after 20 years.

Do you think handlebar streamers work on a muscle bike?

21RvVqtDWnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I might try it.

Yep. But I can't be certain it'll work for your machine. Must be leather. And be sure to wear a leather vest with no shirt. :D

blingray.jpg

I was kinda' goin' for an early '60's look.

I say no to tassels, this bike is about the drag strip more than the street.

yoothgeye said:
I say no to tassels, this bike is about the drag strip more than the street.

+1

I mean I think they would look great, but a drag bike wouldn’t have them. I had the same issue with my Higgins. I found this great retro bar mounted horn, but I felt a “hot rod” would be more stripped down and wouldn’t have accessories like that. Then again, its your call and that the best part of the build-off is to see what everyone comes up with.

You have a seriously cool bike by the way. I mean the transformation is amazing. You’ll have a very happy kid. Have you tried out the wheelie bars?

raggedjim said:
Ohh, I had that hot wheels set! I think I burned it after my mom found that the tracks were good "discipline aides". I still break into a cold sweat on the hot wheels aisle...

THREAD JACK! A company called Tin Box Company sells all kinds of tin boxes (NOT purses Kingfish, you silly!) You have to have a business to buy wholesale. I think they have a similiar one on sale now. END OF JACK!

Good luck with the chute, I love it!

Rg
Way to go Peat!! Yeah who else got beating with one of them?!? Did our parent have a meeting we did not know about and decided on those tracks as "a tool"?!? Hmmm....

Jake Sensi said:
raggedjim said:
Ohh, I had that hot wheels set! I think I burned it after my mom found that the tracks were good "discipline aides". I still break into a cold sweat on the hot wheels aisle...

THREAD JACK! A company called Tin Box Company sells all kinds of tin boxes (NOT purses Kingfish, you silly!) You have to have a business to buy wholesale. I think they have a similiar one on sale now. END OF JACK!

Good luck with the chute, I love it!

Rg
Way to go Peat!! Yeah who else got beating with one of them?!? Did our parent have a meeting we did not know about and decided on those tracks as "a tool"?!? Hmmm....

I'll never forget when I accidently almost burned down the gas station... I shouldn't have hid under the house, it looked suspicious... Those tracks hurt like crazy!

Rg

Yeah, I got the track on the backside on more than one occassion. Can you imagine if you did that today? We'd see you on the national news. "Parent beats child with the child's toy".

Peatbog said:
raggedjim said:
I'll never forget when I accidentally almost burned down the gas station...

:?: Care to explain that a little further...

My grandfather's gas station, can of oily rags (in hindsight, some obviously has gasoline on them), three 7 year old boys, book of matches, recipe for disaster...

Rg

Peatbog said:
Oh. I would have hid under the house...

Seemed like a good idea at the time, I can still see my mom's face framed in the little square of light in the crawl space access... looked a lot like The Shining, Here's Jack!

Peatbog said:
raggedjim said:
Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Ha! I remember telling that to a cop once. He didn't understand why I passed him on a motorcycle whilst doing about 130mph at about 12 midnight. I mean, there weren't any blinky cop lights on his car; how did I know he was a cop? Wasn't fair I tell you--it was profiling. Dude was pulling over everyone who passed him doing 130mph.

He let me go though because I was going home from work. Just told me not to do that anymore. So all worked out well.

It's amazing we lived to be as old as we are.

Disclaimer: To anyone under 18 reading this thread; These are just STORIES made up by old men, DO NOT ATTEMPT AT RISK OF INJURY OR DEATH!

Rg

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Chute plan change maybe pg 52

How about a stubbier shifter mounted to the seatpost?

I like your idea for the new location, have you thought about an electric actuator? You could have the button on the handlebars (safer!) and it could be easier to engineer vs. air.

Maybe something like this?

act001.jpg

Gen4 ipod for ref.

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Drag Chute Mount Plan, pg. 52

Ok,I looked at your delema, my idea consists of an L bracket that comes off the front of the seatpost close to the seat that you could mount a T handled choke cable, maybe someone has and old hurst shifter with reverse lock out for parts, anyways that would be slick :wink:

Man this thing is SWEET!!! I love all the details Great Job!! :mrgreen:

Here's a beer to toast all of your cool ideas on this build. Something about this really looks familiar.

WP_002337.jpg

Peatbog said:
But strangely enough, my seat was made by "Wild Hare"

Cool, that must be where term wild hare up your butt came from.

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Chute Mounting Plate, pg. 53

Nice! :D Your lucky to have those great fabricating skills and machines! :mrgreen:

Re: >>>Eliminator 20" Muscle Bike: Chute Mounting Plate, pg. 53

Man, a person could learn a lot of fabrication techniques by watching your build! The bike is going to be a real gem, and probably worth a pretty penny. :D

Latest posts

Back