Emory Kalahari C4! It is finally here.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4C6CD218-4EEE-42BB-A944-E9B251E4F909.jpeg
I’ll let the picture speak for itself.

That's a seriously rugged frame. Is it a cruiser frame or more for mountain biking? Those headset bearing housings look really oversized for cruiser duty, not that there's anything wrong with that!

This platform is useable for many builds. It’s born from our cruiser bike though. The headset as well as bottom bracket and front hub will all run an automotive grade tapered roller bearing.

I really dig this!! So awesome to finally see it ‘alive’!

This platform is useable for many builds. It’s born from our cruiser bike though. The headset as well as bottom bracket and front hub will all run an automotive grade tapered roller bearing.

Interesting. Will this make the headset and bb proprietary?

Also, how long is the head tube? It looks a bit longer then ‘standard’ 5.5”. I ask because some threaded forks are precut when you buy em (landing gear) or, existing vintage forks. Although, it’s possibly threadless?

How long are the Chainstays? Built for 26 or 29 (700c)?

And last but not least- when can I buy one and how much will they be?

So, this is full chromoly? If I decide I need a mountain bike, I found my frame.

It’s full stainless design give it an extra edge in all conditions. I have a frame mocked up with 28”x2.00 it’s tight but fits. So a slimmer 700c X 1.5 should be fine. We have several patents including head tube and BB. The steer tube is available threaded or not. Because of the bearings the head tube is almost 7 inches from stem to fork crown.

NAHBS is next weekend so we’re driving out for that tomorrow. I’ll post some show pics thru the week and next weeken.

Being such a hands on build we expect a retail number between 1800 and 2200. This bike is unlike our mild steel production bike so we are going to work very hard at keeping delivery within 4 weeks. This of course will be effected by volume. However we are preparing to move this bike into our production factory and this will allow us to sell from inventory instead of made to order,

Nice display Stephen :)

And to clarify...that's $1800 for a frame, fork bearings, seat post, stem, crank and crank arms.

For this crowd, you may want to show pics of your mild steel bike and give pricing on that as well.

I would venture that 99% of the audience here is not going to fall in your stainless steel demographic.

This tends to be a budget minded group. :wink1:

Last edited:
Our components will be available as well as different parts of the bike for purchase . We have a Thomson’s seat post that will be available for 1” tubing. We will carry schwalbe tires and tubes as well.

Latest posts

Back