Emory Mountain Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm if this bike was in fact, manufactured by Emory in Jacksonville, Florida? I've never seen one before.

Emory MTB 001.jpeg

Nope, I don't think so. Emory looks like the model name on that bike. Emory always made their frames, that one looks like overseas made. The "Emory" font is different also.

I've been looking, I can find literally nothing about it. Only cruisers.
That looks like it has Shimano on there, from what I've read, they were quite proud to use only made in america parts. That is in no way conclusive evidence, but points to not being an Emory.

From Emory:
Emory Bicycles, Inc.
This bike was one that we brought in for a specific client who was using them for giveaways in promotions...the bike itself we did not manufacture. One thing we found out (the hard way) is losing that manufacturing piece of the puzzle is NOT something we want to do, which is why we are building out our own, in house manufactured bikes going forward. The more we control the quality of the component parts, the better it is for us and for our customers!
Screenshot from 2021-01-06 07-23-41.png

I asked Emory for more details. I'm still going to buy this bike on Saturday, so long as the seller doesn't back out.

In my opinion, that is the proof you wanted that it's an Emory, and obviously a rare one! Super cool, you should try to find as much about it as you can, like country of manufacturing, who made it if possible, material etc. Get as much documentation of it as you can, like the message shared above, and post it here for future reference.

Personal note: if that weird seat isn't stock, ditch it quick, that is UGLY!!:crazy:

Being from Jax, I've had more than a few Emory bikes. If you can find one of the early hand made bikes, they are like a top of the line Rollfast. I found one, all original at a yard sale at Jacksonville Beach. I thought it was a Worksman at first. Great deal at $30.
ka1eg3.jpg

That's the best Emory IMO.
Then I had several robot built ones over the years. They had 80's era paintjobs that didn't really impress me, but are pretty cool now. I found one for sale with good paint, had bent forks.
bent fork emory.jpg

The owner swore that's how the bike was made, but it was all there, so I bought it and added 3G wheels and big tires.

72072_9a8202f6d72c4231e6ca0923fce8997a.jpg

Others I had were also original, barely ridden. One from a barn had a heavy duty Sturmey Archer 3 speed with coaster brake rear hub. I repainted it bright red for a friend of my sister, and kept the 3 speed.
60147_456300976736_4968291_n.jpg

The Navy base at Treasure Island had an old yellow one that I brought back to life and used while I went to school there in 1991. Many of the others I had were sold around Jacksonville.

There are thousands of Emory bikes around, you should be able to find one for a decent price.

In my opinion, that is the proof you wanted that it's an Emory, and obviously a rare one! Super cool, you should try to find as much about it as you can, like country of manufacturing, who made it if possible, material etc. Get as much documentation of it as you can, like the message shared above, and post it here for future reference.

Personal note: if that weird seat isn't stock, ditch it quick, that is UGLY!!:crazy:

That is one-ugly-seat. A pad for each buttock .... weird.

Being from Jax, I've had more than a few Emory bikes. If you can find one of the early hand made bikes, they are like a top of the line Rollfast. I found one, all original at a yard sale at Jacksonville Beach. I thought it was a Worksman at first. Great deal at $30.
View attachment 148420
That's the best Emory IMO.
Then I had several robot built ones over the years. They had 80's era paintjobs that didn't really impress me, but are pretty cool now. I found one for sale with good paint, had bent forks.
View attachment 148418
The owner swore that's how the bike was made, but it was all there, so I bought it and added 3G wheels and big tires.

View attachment 148419

Others I had were also original, barely ridden. One from a barn had a heavy duty Sturmey Archer 3 speed with coaster brake rear hub. I repainted it bright red for a friend of my sister, and kept the 3 speed.
View attachment 148416
The Navy base at Treasure Island had an old yellow one that I brought back to life and used while I went to school there in 1991. Many of the others I had were sold around Jacksonville.

There are thousands of Emory bikes around, you should be able to find one for a decent price.
That's exactly what I'm looking for; a hand made. There's a robot made on ebay right now, but it's got ugly welds, an uglier seat than the MTB above, and the chain guard mounts are cut off.

It hasn't been easy scoring on from Pennsylvania. Like you said, a lot are in Jax and FLA, and other parts of the South. Over the past couple weeks, I moved too slow on two hand made Emorys, and the third, in the photo, located in Alabama, was sold out from under me, while I was trying to arrange shipping. Expletives withheld.

So, on the next one, no matter where it is, I'll first attempt to force a deposit, and plan on picking it up myself.
emory010.jpg

I had another one like the red/black one, just was green/black and had a bigger frame, 20". The angle of the fork was a little too steep for me. I also had a couple of cruisers that were made by Emory but were called Beachmasters. The welds looked pretty crude on some of them as you mentioned, but I'd like to have one of those frames now. Same exact bike though as an Emory. There was another brand name they made bikes for also, Webco.

I had another one like the red/black one, just was green/black and had a bigger frame, 20". The angle of the fork was a little too steep for me. I also had a couple of cruisers that were made by Emory but were called Beachmasters. The welds looked pretty crude on some of them as you mentioned, but I'd like to have one of those frames now. Same exact bike though as an Emory. There was another brand name they made bikes for also, Webco.
Thanks for those tips. It'll definitely help me with my searches!

Latest posts

Back