"enable third party hosting"??

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by birdmove, Nov 21, 2017.

1. birdmove

birdmove

Recently joined here, and would like to enjoy the many photos in the threads here. I can view some. But many show a box that says .........enable third party hosting. Not being a computer and web genius, can anyone tell me how I go about enabling third party hosting? It mentions Photobucket, and I do have an account there, but can't find anything about this issue there. Did a search there and...nothing.

2. RustyGold

RustyGold

3. deorman

deorman

Those posters had their "free" accounts frozen and were directed to pay something like $300 to open them. The fix RustyGold mentioned should be on a banner at the top of the page.

RustyGold likes this.
  4. birdmove

birdmove

Okay. I found the ap and installed it. I tried going through all the aps as in the thread message mentioned above, and I kid you not, it probably took me 20 minutes or more, and never did find it. Did a google search using "Photobucket embed fix", and found it quickly and installed. Works good. This is the best way to find it for Chromebook users like me, as the LONG list of aps using the suggested method is a waste of time now. I bet there is hundreds more on that list than when the poster wrote that message in 2013. Anyway, now I can see the photos!! Thanks everyone.

RustyGold and deorman like this.
  5. Brian macumber

Brian macumber

I tried to do this but still can not see pics from photobucket is it because I am using my phone?

6. Brian macumber

Brian macumber

7. deorman

deorman

Sorry, gave up trying to deal with photobucket a while back, I think a lot of people have.