Endless Summers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother asked me to build a bike for his girlfriend. she liked the look of a fixed gear bike but as she lives in Edinburgh (lots of hills) she realised the desirability of some gears. The plan was to buy a F&S duomatic and a touring frame then build a bike with the fixie aesthetic but some practicality.

I found a suitable base for the build with this boys Phillips bike. The previous owner had had it since he was 11 years old.
web.jpg

I had some rims and laced in the Duomatic hub with some blue nipples. The front got re-laced with the same colour nipples.
web.jpg
web.jpg

The frame and forks got powdercoated in British Racing White (cream, to you and me)
web.jpg

After all that it was time to put it together. I got a good deal on a second hand Brooks B66s and bought some new grips to match. That and some burnt orange brake outers completed the look.
web.jpg

I am really happy with the result, but more importantly the new owner is very pleased with her new bike.
Thanks for looking.
web.jpg

Cheers Jonnie

Much obliged for the heads up deorman,

I'd copied the links from my web portal gallery, not the public one. Therefore, the photos would've only downloaded if you were logged in as me. :oops:

Cheers Jonnie

Latest posts

Back