ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. just curious where the chainline is going,are you going with an idler pulley somewhere ?

I’ve routed the chain a few times…the chainline is on a straight plane, no sideward play or obstructions. If I do run an idler, it wouldn’t be for what you’d think?

The rear dropouts are limited with no excess room for the axle & chain tensioning (because the rear is actually a front fork). Thus making chain tensioning a little challenging. An idler would help…but also a new chain may be the answer? I think the chain I’m using is too stretched…but I’ll check later.

Last edited:
. I may go with this seat...I'm still undecided?
Sweeet!!! that seat is great , but a bare metal banana seat pan or something in that alley could look great to

I think this bike is freaking great. Seems to me more seat would be good even if it is the same seat just back a little bit

Sweeet!!! that seat is great , but a bare metal banana seat pan or something in that alley could look great to
I originally had a banana seat on it...I nixed it because it was too expected.

I think this bike is freaking great. Seems to me more seat would be good even if it is the same seat just back a little bit
You're right about the seat, but for now it's just a place holder.

Great work, Carlton, you have vision, Rg
Thanks, but Loco Cycle was a great vision and one of the most awesome builds.
That massive sprocket really ties it all together visually:thumbsup:
I agree...I'm happy that I didn't throw that chainring away.

Alien Pray Mantis -
Devout, Stealth, Fearsome Hunter
two-alienoid-praying-mantises-fighting.jpg

As soon as I saw your bike,that's what came to my mind...

Getting all Medieval on your rear end I see! :D

Carlton,

I just got caught up with the dumb controversy. I think your extraordinary skills will invite some bad character. Personally, I would see it as a sort of praise of your skill.

I think the only fair thing to do would be for you to bring your build, in it's current shape, down to Visalia for me to inspect it. And bring Enigma as well so that I can trade you a '73 Sears Spyder girls frame and a couple parts for it.

You know... just to keep things fair. :D

Can't wait to see more of it!

Mike

I took Enigma out for a test ride yesterday, not bad...not the most comfortable for long distant riding, unless the seat is adjusted 12" above the top bar but that isn't a problem with a 18" seat post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back