ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they are different styles. It was just the cool swirls and curls that reminding me of your MoFo tanks. Mad skills!
3664894c.jpg

I know they are different styles. It was just the cool swirls and curls that reminding me of your MoFo tanks. Mad skills!

Swirls & Curls? I guess I'm on the right track for the vintage look...a throwback to jheri curls? Perhaps it'll become my signature mark?:cool2:

Last edited:
Sometimes it's good to look back at your progress. My objective was to transform my 1936 Zep frame, without welding or cutting (all parts are bolted or snapped on)! Nothing's permanent or custom to one specific rider...therefore it can offer multiple looks and ride changes in a matter of minutes! The seat post is 18", the quill flips and offers the rider a cruiser comfort or a racing style! The aluminum wheel discs pop on or off and the trail swing arm is optional for a ground scrapping low ride or remove it for a more traditional ride. It's just frick'n unexplainable...it's an Engima!

Last edited:
Looks sharp. Kinda like the old 3-in-1 car models. Just remember you can only enter one version thought. :D

George Toteff (the creator of 3-in-1 model car kits) has always been an inspiration. As far as the rules suggest: you can only enter one bike...it says nothing about one version, one design or the bike having optional features?

Last edited:
George Toteff (the creator of 3-in-1 model car kits) has always been an inspiration. As far as the rules suggest: you can only enter one bike...it says nothing about one version, one design or the bike having optional features?
Love this bike. And you're right, I love finding loopholes in the rules. It makes things more interesting.

KC got me to thinking if I were in violation of the rules? When I began on Enigma, I knew I wasn’t going to cut it or weld the frame! My objective was to take a prewar frame and alter it so it no longer resembled its formal self. In other words create optional looks based on a single bike frame. Nothing’s permanent!
Love this bike. And you're right, I love finding loopholes in the rules. It makes things more interesting.

I don't think of it as a loophole. It's just one bike designed for rider preferences. Similar to the hardtop-convertible cars of the 50's

Rules, loopholes, whatever. The real enigma would be why would you want to?:confused:

After all of the effort to alter it into a custom, I'd just jump on another bike if I wanted a cruiser to ride. I'm not sure that it would be as quick and easy as a carson top either once you start factoring in things like having to shorten the chain etc.

IMHO, I like it just the way it sits! :thumbsup:

Build it as you wish buddy! I think it is best as the full blown custom it is.

Last edited:
I think having the ability to change it is cool. I also realize that many of the votes that get cast will get cast based on the finished pictures. Some guys will actually look at the build threads, but some will not and it's a shame because a lot of the cool features get overlooked.

It's a great bike, and the creativity shines through.

Rg

No one cares what I think, but that's never stopped me from commenting before, so...

I like the concept of being able to switch the bike's look around. My build won't have that option, and I find it to be a neat feature. Possibly unique in this build off. Personally I think the versions of the bike should be displayed because of that feature. To me, the build-off is about creativity and craftsmanship. My personal build isn't up to par in that arena. All I'm doing is making the frame wider for a fatter wheel, cleaning a bunch of replacement parts, and painting the bike. It will look good, but it won't have a level of craftsmanship that a lot of these builds have which I think is important.

Rules, loopholes, whatever. The real enigma would be why would you want to?:confused:

After all of the effort to alter it into a custom, I'd just jump on another bike if I wanted a cruiser to ride. I'm not sure that it would be as quick and easy as a carson top either once you start factoring in things like having to shorten the chain etc.

IMHO, I like it just the way it sits! :thumbsup:

I think it is best as the full blown custom it is.

I make my bikes for others to enjoy riding them...they're not custom just to me.

Going on your rear end,I'm throwing my hat in...:cry:
I need to find one first.:grin:
Fantastic as always.... I love to watch the creativity that this site brings out in people...
Thinkin outside the Bike...

Latest posts

Back