estate sale skip tooth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found this at an estate sale this past sunday.( http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 16&t=71121 ) It was in a huge pile and felt it was way too cool to see it get scrapped. So I got home and gave it a quick bath to see what I had......
Ive been googling ever since to try to figure out what year and make etc. No luck.

It has real cool rear drop outs ( with slack adjuster and the tabs/stops for a drop stand ) which look to me like a pre-war colson.
Please correct me if im wrong. :D
Any and all info would be great

The serial # is D89156
heres all the detail shots..... ( thanks in advance guys :mrgreen: )

001_zps654762c7.jpg

015_zpsc3ac46a7.jpg

023_zps51b17d8a.jpg

009_zpsb8187d13.jpg

006_zpse9855836.jpg

004_zps68eced2c.jpg

012_zps7bea14d1.jpg

019_zps262e29f2.jpg

021_zps50df0ee0.jpg

013_zps6502135f.jpg

029_zps32c30ca7.jpg

027_zpsebb8286d.jpg

025_zpsbc3447db.jpg

The frame construction looks particularly Schwinn-like. Since it has the integrated dropstand tangs, I'd lean towards a '39 Schwinn. Serial points to this as well. Also, due to the lack of a bar connecting the two main bars, I think it may be a 24" juvenile frame. Cheers!

Schwinn didn't make a frame that I know of with that dip in the top bar. I agree with Jpromo but I think that bar is bent. Gary

It looks like the top tube is bent, but the head tube doesn't show the added rake if that were the case. It still has the correct angle. I would pull the cranks off to see if there are any markings on it.

edit: I think this might be it, from the 1938 catalog on trfindley's webpage.

20icq40.jpg

Wildcat said:
It looks like the top tube is bent, but the head tube doesn't show the added rake if that were the case. It still has the correct angle. I would pull the cranks off to see if there are any markings on it.

Exactly what I was thinking too. The bottom tube doesnt show any distortion and the top tube looks too perfectly and intentionally bent. The headtube and seat post are perfectly parallel. ( correct rake )
I'll have to pull out the crank and see what clues there are.

Thanks everyone for responding . I really do appreciate it !
:mrgreen:

I just found that in my old catalogs too. A pinch frame 24" bike...never seen one. No listings for that pinch frame in 26" bikes in my catalogs. Gary

B607 said:
I just found that in my old catalogs too. A pinch frame 24" bike...never seen one. No listings for that pinch frame in 26" bikes in my catalogs. Gary

Yeah its definately a cool frame. And yes it is a 24". I have no specific plans for it . Its safe from the scrappers in my basement for now . :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back