Etta ( completed front fork with assembly and a mock-up!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love a good hardware store too! I cant believe I missed your build till now:oops: Awesome fork!! I made something similar with the trusses and triple bars for my bonine build, but no where near as hardcore as yours:grin: or with a working leaf spring for that matter. Very cool, I cant wait to see what you do with the rest of the bike:113:

I love a good hardware store too! I cant believe I missed your build till now:oops: Awesome fork!! I made something similar with the trusses and triple bars for my bonine build, but no where near as hardcore as yours:grin: or with a working leaf spring for that matter. Very cool, I cant wait to see what you do with the rest of the bike:113:
Thanks!!!

the Madras Oregon speedway! its a little Dirt track but allot of fun!! they run just about every thing on it. my favorites has got to be late model or Modified, they both hit between 85 to 95 on radar coming into the corners!!! the dwarf class does also but they don't slide as much thanks on the fork!!!!

troy

no pics tonight just some info. tried to shift the rocker arms back and it created a rubbing problem between the tire and spring!! it also change trail and raically changed the handling, so went back to the way it was. will trim the spring width to get more flex and drop to 24 inch rims to increase the fork clearance!! have put several miles on the fork and it is working well!! will try and get a video of it!!! hoping to get on to other things tomorrow so stay tuned!!

Troy

OK, so, see well, so if you use the spacers from your wagon springs and say love to bunny hop on your way to do some stairs :rolleyes: this could happen

so the welds held great the actual metal that it was welded to broke!! this caused the front wheel to twist, lower and bottom out, locking up the front wheel causing the ever popular endo:confused::crazy::43: non injury event but think I might replace those parts!!!!!!! so no vidio tonight :(

Troy

Last edited:
Ouch! Glad you didn't get hurt. I remember Critter had his springer on Lackluster bottom out a couple of BO's ago.

Ouch! Glad you didn't get hurt. I remember Critter had his springer on Lackluster bottom out a couple of BO's ago.
was shocked that the spacer broke like that!! glad it happened when I was going slow. will replace them with some good steal !!!!!!

Glad you're ok!
internet-memes-hold-an-umbrella-they-said.jpg

thanks guys!! little sore its been a while since I flipped one!! so on closer exam those spacers almost look like pot metal, but not really. there dense and hard and do not break easy. they polish up when you sand and spark when you grind them them. so I think I will be a little more careful when repurposing metal!!!!!!!!

not sure, did not think cast iron would weld very well? but that would make sense. and explain the texture etc. did not catch that when i ground it !!!

Latest posts

Back