Evolution Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

I just got my rollers ordered, should hopefully be here within two weeks. Once I have them I can mock up the wheels and call my metal guy.

I like the name! You have my attention. This is a totally new concept to me. The video blogs are cool. RaT oN!

Huuum I thought I herd some say a little awhile back ,,,, I really don't need another bike & will be sitting the build off out . The wheel addiction has got you tooooo hahahaha. Glad your in the mix !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool idea you definitely have you work cut out for ya . Can't wait to see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmm can't wait to see where this is going, also both you and @G-Matt have some perfect songs to go along with your builds :rockout:

I have trouble using the camera on my flip phone! Video blog! Nice idea. I think with this particular build it would be difficult to show and explain with still shots....I be watching.

Rollers are in
2bc62b1a64b2a7d44395796b9ccf16e3.jpg

Might be able to mock up the wheels and get a new video posted this weekend.

It appears that the center rim is a little high in a couple spots.
This makes me wonder if it would all be level with tires on, I'll have to see if I have any 1 3/8 tires and tubes.

It appears that the center rim is a little high in a couple spots.
This makes me wonder if it would all be level with tires on, I'll have to see if I have any 1 3/8 tires and tubes.

Digging it. Bet if you inflate the outer tires a little more than the center, you should be fine.

Wondering if you did it with a more standard, 559 iso, 26" rim you might be able to run a single 26x3.0 or so size tire on the three rims. Would need a decent rim strip in there, and I am not sure you will be able to run such a large volume tire between your... wait, your chain and seatstays will be custom anyways... totally understand wanting to use what you have on hand to keep costs down as well.

keep the rubber side down!

Last edited:
I have another idea in mind if the belt drive idea doesn't work.
The three rims were because I thought it would be cool to have to tires with a belt between them, but I have a side drive idea that only requires one rim and tire. That would save me money too, solid tires are $30+ a piece.

I'm not to concerned with using what's on hand, I've been collecting parts for this for a while. Just have to figure out how I want the wheels to be.

Latest posts

Back