Evolution Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris Cornell is one of my all time favorites. This is gonna sting for a long while...heck, I'm still mourning Prince! Luckily we still have Dave Ghrol.
Yea, it's all very unfortunate. Out of the top 5 Seattle bands, only one still has the original front man.(Pearl Jam)

This may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I'll do it anyway.

First, I haven't had time to work on this build. I've got mercury rising I'm tracking parts for, and a good old bike build I'm still looking for parts for, on top of a trike build, a quad build and a boat build...

To much stuff, on top of daily life.

Anyway, to my point.

I wake at 5am everyday for work.
Today was different for me.
My alarm goes off at 5, I turn it off and the tv on. As soon as it comes on I hear on the morning news that Chris Cornell (front man for Soundgarden and Audio Slave) died.

Most of you know I'm a rock/metal guy, but I also enjoy the "Seattle" sound... Grunge is a BS term.

Anyway, being a vocalist for a few bands in my youth; Chris Cornell is someone I modeled my vocal style after, he was a huge influence in my life. He had what I consider one of the most beautiful voices in rock music.

So this is my tribute to him, for those who aren't familiar.
Here's his version of a very popular song... Coincidentally, written by another gone to soon artist named Prince.

Sorry to be late on this one, bit of a fan myself, never knew he covered
this gem, thanks for sharing.

Not a huge fan of SG, but saddened as I am when I hear of anyone passing. I did get the opportunity to see them live down at the VooDoo Fest in New Orleans one year. Good show!

keep the rubber side down!

man that hubless wheel is genius i love ti and that is what drew me to this build awesome work man cannot wait to see it done

Thanks.
I should be getting an update on the wheel plates soon. It's a simple design, but my metal guy gets busy and he knows I'm in no hurry. Might be a few days, might be another week.

Quick update.
Metal guy should have my wheel plates done by next weekend, then I can build my wheels and start on the fun stuff. Chop, cut, rebuild.

Well, OK. So maybe it's not fun anymore. But it'll be interesting to me to see if I can mount the wheels to the frame.

Don't count me out yet.

Wheel plates are in, just have to drill a few holes and build them.

Then I figure out how to fit them to the frame.
c6f7fa78ae7b2481d1d8b127939dbc84.jpg

Wheel plates are in, just have to drill a few holes and build them.

Then I figure out how to fit them to the frame.
c6f7fa78ae7b2481d1d8b127939dbc84.jpg
So, just for my sake, these are steel plates welded to your rims you had welded together? And, what is the function of them? As you can see, I'm a bit lost on the design here.

The rear three rims are welded together.
The plates won't be welded to anything. They'll be bolted together to sandwich the rims.
Rollers will be held on by the bolts, which the rims will roll on.
The plates will be stationary.

I'll get you a video to explain.

Should be cool but seems like a lot of work and mechanism for a center hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be cool but seems like a lot of work and mechanism for a center hole.

There's nothing about this build that's worth the time, money, or effort it takes. But it's been in my head a long time, so I figured what the heck.

It won't be a daily rider, probably won't even be a show queen. Most likely will end up as yard art, but what a nifty piece of yard art.

Thanks for the Chris tribute he was a great one for sure . Don't forget about another band he stared Temple of the Dog . I was a commercial fisherman in Alaska when that came out it definitely helped me get through 20+ hour work days .

Thanks for the Chris tribute he was a great one for sure . Don't forget about another band he stared Temple of the Dog . I was a commercial fisherman in Alaska when that came out it definitely helped me get through 20+ hour work days .

Temple was a great tribute from the remaining mother love bone guys to their fallen front man, it even brought us Pearl jam.
So much great rock music in the 90's, to many lost voices.

All of us a drooling waiting on these wheels !!!

All of us a drooling waiting on these wheels !!!
Thanks.
As soon as time allows, I'll get them done.

This is the first time in 5 years I haven't gotten laid off in June, in fact I'm working more hours now. Plus the honey do list keeping me busy.

I haven't been in my garage since I got the wheel plates, and I'm in no rush to finish.

So I'm withdrawing from the build off.
Not to say I won't finish this bike, it just won't be anytime soon.
So if I can get a moderator to move this to the build thread, that would be great.

There are to many things I want to do with this bike, and there simply isn't time in this build off or my life to accomplish them in a few months.
Gotta love when life throws a curve ball.

There's always a reminder that there's no fate. The future's not set, there's no fate but what we make for ourselves...

This update has been brought to you by cyberdyne systems.

Latest posts

Back