1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise bike build

Discussion in 'BUILD CHALLENGES' started by streetpirate, Jan 5, 2012.

1. streetpirate

streetpirate

Use as much as possible from original exercise bike, or at least base off the frame.

heres what I have for a starting point. '77 Exerciser. I'm still thinking of ideas, but don't plan on going 65-14 on a fixed hub ;)

[​IMG]

2. cobraontrike

cobraontrike

Great idea for a challenge! i have the same bike and have been looking at it for years, i was thinking tall bike. Can't wait to see what u come up with.

3. subadrew

subadrew

austin, I got another we can use...

4. deven_science

deven_science

Got one of those exactly.

I'm already halfway through a bike project that I built out of two other exercise bikes. I would join up with this, but that project is on hold for a while to handle bikes that I've got sold.

Here's how the main bike looked when I got it:

[​IMG]

Heres how it looks now. The wheels and forks are the ONLY parts not from an exercise bike.

[​IMG]

5. bikebuilder

bikebuilder

streetpirate, I have built a bike based on the same exact excercise bike you have. It is a blast. That gearing will be equivelant to my 3rd gear. I am running 26" wheels. I pretty much only ever use 3rd when I have a tail wind.

I may be interested in your chainring and fixed gear wheel if you are not going to use them.

I am out of the challenge since mine's done, but here is a link to the thread and my most recent picture. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14695&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=schwinn+stretch#p147751
    [​IMG]

6. streetpirate

streetpirate

those are some sweet bikes! I will probably throw the big chainring up for sale soon, might hang on to the fixed wheel a little while, try out a 20" fixie and see if I would ever ride one. Right now I'm seeing a bmx style scooter, but it's still going to be a couple of weeks before I start cutting so plans might change back to something with pedals

7. FatBoy

FatBoy

Heres a Scooter I made from a Exersize bike and some MTB parts for the Scooter buildoff here on RRB. 8) :mrgreen: [​IMG][​IMG]

8. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

I just dis-assembled an Exersisor exactly like that one. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the solid core wheel for a build?