Exercise bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use as much as possible from original exercise bike, or at least base off the frame.

heres what I have for a starting point. '77 Exerciser. I'm still thinking of ideas, but don't plan on going 65-14 on a fixed hub ;)

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Great idea for a challenge! i have the same bike and have been looking at it for years, i was thinking tall bike. Can't wait to see what u come up with.

Got one of those exactly.

I'm already halfway through a bike project that I built out of two other exercise bikes. I would join up with this, but that project is on hold for a while to handle bikes that I've got sold.

Here's how the main bike looked when I got it:

IMG_0436.jpg

Heres how it looks now. The wheels and forks are the ONLY parts not from an exercise bike.

IMG_0468.jpg

streetpirate, I have built a bike based on the same exact excercise bike you have. It is a blast. That gearing will be equivelant to my 3rd gear. I am running 26" wheels. I pretty much only ever use 3rd when I have a tail wind.

I may be interested in your chainring and fixed gear wheel if you are not going to use them.

I am out of the challenge since mine's done, but here is a link to the thread and my most recent picture. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14695&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=schwinn+stretch#p147751
IMG_0128.jpg

those are some sweet bikes! I will probably throw the big chainring up for sale soon, might hang on to the fixed wheel a little while, try out a 20" fixie and see if I would ever ride one. Right now I'm seeing a bmx style scooter, but it's still going to be a couple of weeks before I start cutting so plans might change back to something with pedals

Heres a Scooter I made from a Exersize bike and some MTB parts for the Scooter buildoff here on RRB. 8) :mrgreen:
DSC00149.jpg
buildoff8.jpg

I just dis-assembled an Exersisor exactly like that one. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the solid core wheel for a build?

Latest posts

Back