Factory Freak Bikes, lets see em

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably my most freakish factory bike. It is a Bi Bici tandem. If anybody knows where I can find another one, I am in the market and I have been looking for a while.

biciiiiii001.jpg

biciiiiii002.jpg

Georgeediii said:
This is probably my most freakish factory bike. It is a Bi Bici tandem. If anybody knows where I can find another one, I am in the market and I have been looking for a while.

That is a crazy tandem! I've never seen that one before, but that definitely fits the "factory freak" category. I love it.

How about an Auto-Bike? It dont look like a freak, but I guess mechanically it is a freak. it has weights on the back wheel that slide kinda like a governor and it automatically shifts the bike thru one of 6 speeds.

I dont have a good pic of mine, but here's a pic I found on google...

autobike1ea3.jpg

Georgeediii said:

biciiiiii001.jpg

biciiiiii002.jpg

Studying this bike further, how do the rear pedals work? If they're attached solid to the rear wheel or sprocket, the person in back would have to pedal way faster than the one in front. I need close ups!

Studying this bike further, how do the rear pedals work? If they're attached solid to the rear wheel or sprocket, the person in back would have to pedal way faster than the one in front. I need close ups!

I posted this a while back when I started my search for another one.
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=45688
I knew I was buying this bike the moment it blew my mind.

Ratfink1962 said:
How about an Auto-Bike? It dont look like a freak, but I guess mechanically it is a freak. it has weights on the back wheel that slide kinda like a governor and it automatically shifts the bike thru one of 6 speeds.

I dont have a good pic of mine, but here's a pic I found on google...

autobike1ea3.jpg

Oh you beat me to it, I have found 3 in the past several months. They work very well, I was suprised.

deven_science said:
Got this at a bike swap meet. It's a mountain bike 18 speed from the neck back. The front end also has propulsion, through a rowing motion that pulls a cable, which turns the chain. My plan is to eventually put this front end on a cruiser, to help when going up hills.

IMG_0133.jpg

Weird and cool all at the same time! :wink:

roadmaster said:
Pictures to come this week, but I have a 83ish Shogun roadbike with factory 24" front wheel and factory 27' rear wheel. Guess made for shorter rider.
Sounds like a time trial bike. Is it fixie?

Dahon Smoothhound, 20" tires, the seat post has tire pump built into it, non folding frame.
8d339349.jpg

My first ever folders,both ordered last week,delivered this week (one on Monday,the other on Thursday).
2012 Citizen Miami
006.jpg

2012 Schwinn Loop
004.jpg

Both were priced at $199. The Schwinn seemed like the better deal at $199 shipped/total to-my-door price with it's intigrated rear rack and included carry-along bag (that it will just barely fit inside on a good day),and the Citizen coming at $270 total/to-my-door with shipping,and optional carry-along bag (much nicer bag than the other) and rear rack. Both were made in China. The Citizen is a solid bike with decent parts throughout (for the pricepoint),had awesome quality control and assembly,and Citizen went out of their way to include niceties like an actual decent,fun to read manual and hand written note (fromt eh assembler) wishing me many happy miles.

The Schwinn? Unridable out of the box,needed the new V-brake (rear one,anyways) replaced,fit and finish is kinda crappy,and quality control/assembly was non-existant/poor. No worries,it didn't go to a noobie or someone's child,it came to me,and it's all asembled properly and in adjustment,I had a Shimano Deore XT v-brake from before my disc riding days,and I really dig the style of the frame,LOL! :p

I did full (preliminary) reviews on my blog if anyone wants to read my drivel :p

Schwinn by Dahon sold by Target a few years back. Was a $99.00 close out model.

a995146f.jpg

Latest posts

Back