factory/industrial 3 wheeler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother came up with this jewel this week! Not sure what this is, but it sure is interesting. No head badge or name on it. It has a Bendix hub, Any help identifying/dating this would be appreciated!

I'm betting it didn't leave its original factory like that.. Lots of homebrew goin' on by the looks of it. neat idea... Is it drivable at any speed other than a crawl ??

ha ha! not for sure yet (haven't fixed the tires to ride it), but it sure looks like it is going to want to crawl along!

I'm thinking it will probably pedal just about fast enough to keep up in the 4th of July parade, and it will sure hold a lot of candy to throw! :D

I've seen similar bikes but they have two seats side by side. I bet this is a modified version of that. Awesome idea though! Throw a bag of ice and a 6 pack of soda in the side and go for a ride!

Here is a link to what I think this was, they still make them so who knows on age.
http://www.industrialbicycles.com/teamdualtrike.htm

I picked up a couple adult trikes over the summer but none of them are anything like this. I'm wondering about the way the rear end is set up. Most trikes I see have a second short chain and axle connecting the two rear wheels. I suppose that would have to do with how the crank being centered between the two rear wheels instead of directly ahead of one. I wonder how this set-up would corner/ handle? Very interesting.

Is that tiller as goofy to steer with as it looks? I think that would be the first thing I would change, make it more centered and able to be lifted up and down... I can see that being really handy at the swap meet. The video was cool, looks more rideable than I thought.

DJ Bill said:
Is that tiller as goofy to steer with as it looks? I think that would be the first thing I would change, make it more centered and able to be lifted up and down... I can see that being really handy at the swap meet. The video was cool, looks more rideable than I thought.

I thought the same exact thing. Looked pretty awkward and I was surprised it rode as well as it did too.

I kind of like the tiller. It reminds me of an old 3 wheeled Harley Davidson golf cart. My boys and I each took it down the rode a bit and it only got a little squirrely once. I made too sharp of a turn on a slight angle and it felt a little tippy. It doesn't exactly fly up the inclines, so I am not sure if I will ride it the 3 miles to town very often, but still kind of neat to beat around on :D .

Latest posts

Back