Fastback questions???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So here is the deal. I am thinking about trading an old scooter I have for this Sting Ray. The scooter is non running and titleless so I am really not sure of its value but I figure somebody on here has to know what this Fastback is worth and how hard/expensive it would be to get a replacement seat. These are the pics I was sent.

I need to let him know sooner than later if I want to make the swap, so any comments would be helpful.

Do a search for banana set on Ebay and you will find several suitable replacements. Expect to pay big money for the real thing though. Pete's Hyperformance my have a good looking cover for you . Blue seems to be easier to find than the green for my Swingbike is. You'll need a sissy bar as well, I doubt that one can be saved with the bend in it.

Can't help you on value.

Dang, I'd buy that Honda in a heartbeat. You can get title, eventually. (VERMONT). What all is it missing?
They are as collectible as Stingrays and not on the way down pricewise like the Stingrays were. I'd really want to make sure the fastback had all original parts on it and at a glance I think the shifter, pedals, and tires are suspect. But you need a Stingray expert to tell you, which I am definitely NOT.

Fastback looks original to me, but obviously needs a seat and a new sissy bar. Not too hard to find either of them. I would value the f/b at $250-$300 as it sits, depending on your market. That would clean up beautifully.

The scooter is also way cool, but I have no idea what they are worth. Personally, I would FAR prefer the scooter, but then again, I'm a mechanic so I would love to make it run again.

Bottom line, if you like the bike more then go for it.

i agree with danimal in the condition it;s in i'd say round 300 for it .
looks nce but definitely gonna need the seat replaced or recovered
check with an ebay guy named raleighron he has covers for these seats.
if the pans are good and can be reused then recovering it might be a good idea.
the fastback is in relatively good shape a lil elbow grease new seat and possibly tires and it could be worth around 750 or more. but it might take anywhere from 75-150 to restore it
worth it imo
Sean

The bike looks at least 90% original, from what I can see. Personally in this condition I'd value it at $200-$250.

A recovered seat could still run you $50-$100. If you want original it could be more (depending condition.)

If you plan to keep the bike it would clean up well and be worth the new seat. If you plan to resell it (after the trade) I'd just clean the bike and leave the seat as is.

My two cents worth... Both cool items!

I can't quite tell from the pix but the sissy bar looks like it may be from a Scrambler and if so, I'm sure someone would be more than happy to trade a Sting Ray bar for it.

Latest posts

Back