Fat cruiser build with Car tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok got more of the parts mostly in place. I still have to make some tabs for the fender to attatch to the upper part of the frame. I had to extend the rear braces about an inch. The lower bracket isnt quite as pretty as id like but its not bad. Also got the caliper mostly on. I still didnt weld the little bracket for the rear bolt. Also put the crank in and it looks great. So after those few bits are done im going to work on the front mount for the chain guard and the shifter. Im going to try and route the cables through the frame. shifter in the top bar and the brake in the down tube. I can put a chain it and test ride it right now but I wont be able to shift it yet. I might tie it up in low gear and give it a whirl

Thanks guys. I rode it today! Seems pretty good but it could be geared a bit lower. I used the smallest front sprocket iv got but i found a bigger rear set so im swapping it in and im gonna try i again. also found a better seat on a bike i had at a freinds house so thats all good. and i started modding the chain guard. Also the brake seems to work good. i just worked it with my foot on a down hill. it does the job

Thanks guys. I tore down the bike today but my welder broke during the final welds so iv got to order a rectifier for it. good thing my brother is good at electronics

Slow progress but almost done with the fab work. Just need to attatch the front fender and run the cables through the frame and that should be it i guess. Im probrobly going to weld the shifter to the top tube behind the stem for a clean look

What really caught my eye is the mini Panzer behind the bike. Can you tell us a little more about it?

Holy WOW! I can see a motor addition in your future........or really strong legs. It blows away the fat bikes from the store on coolness alone. I'll be interested in seeing video and a riding report on varied terrain.

Thanks alot guys im glad you like it! Certainly takes a bit of work to get it moved around but thats the nature of the beast :)
I got side tracked a bit yesterday and made a 6" spoked wheel for a minibike. Came out really good. I hope the back one goes as well.

its all ready to paint now. might do that in the next day or so. I got a little 4oz gun from harbor freight i think itll work well for bikes and small stuff. Iv got a bunch of old acrylic laquer paint just odd colors so i mixed a bunch of it together and got a blue green color that should look alright

Latest posts

Back