Fat Fix (COLOR CHANGE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fix

Gonna look sharp!
Go ahead and finish early so that you can start taking orders on Beasty Springers?
Put me first on the list.

Uncle Stretch said:
Really I liked the bike. It had the front tire too close where your foot hit when
you pedaled, and the seat post had to be up too high. So this will solve the problem, but really
won't look too much different. If you close one eye and squint the other, this should be what it
will look like when its finished...well with it all one color paint. This is just mocked up. Maybe tomorrow
it will be closer to this.
DSCF0002_zps6ea3d5b7.jpg
Keep it the Orange and Go with the name General Lee 01

Keep it orange and name it Fugsley Senior. :p

I really had thought about that. Get a rebel flag head badge made. Might be cool.
It was your idea if I use it. The General Lee build sounds better than fat fix anyway. :lol: :lol:

Kingfish if you know me I never build the same thing twice...so much for fat springers. :wink:

It was worth a try. Would Green ones be different enough? :wink:

I posted it and showed everybody how to build one. Its fairly simple, The straight
tube ones take a little more. I just cut the tops off of the other forks and welded
them to the tops of my bends. Then smoothed them all out with a little bondo.
They turned out pretty good.

I love my welder! :)

US,
If you go the confederate flag route, there's a ton of decals on eBay. A lot easier and cheaper than getting a decal made.

BTW, I think it would be a cool idea. The Duke boys (and Daisy) were the best part of Friday nights growing....straightening the curves, flattening the hills. Someday the mountain might get'em, but The Law never will.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Dr T . I will peruse the bay when I get a little closer. They used a funny square edged 01.
Might be a little harder to find.

Thanks. They say the true color of the car was corvette flame red. I may have to paint it
that reddish orange that is called Allis Chalmers orange. it looks close. Maybe AutoZone
has the hugger orange. It was used alot too.

I had a seat post I was going to use because it was longer. It had the old tubes welded onto
it. I ground a bunch and it looked like crap and had holes in it. I slid it in a larger pipe and plug
welded it, with the seat post inside. Looks lots better. I tacked the new seat stays in and its
moving right along. I'm going kinda slow checking everything so it will be perfect...well good. :lol:
DSCF0001_zps8a6f5fa5.jpg

Definitely the way to go with a beast build. You've really done to the bike what it should have looked like from the beginning, nice job! Love the forks also, they really add to the look of the bike.

Rich

I 'm not sure. I didn't like the look before with the short seat post and then having so
much post sticking out to the seat. Now I'm thinking that the seat can be real close to
the top of the seat post. I will see how it does when its finished. I'm liking it way more
now with more rake and the seat post longer....well I like the springer too. :wink:

Yeah Rich its the way I thought they should look. I guess me and Mongoose have different
ideas about how to build a frame. I might be wrong. At the end when I do a riding video and
I'm laying in the ditch bleeding, we will know Mongoose knew better. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah my roller bender gave me dirty looks the whole time for using all straight tubes. :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back