Fat Fix (COLOR CHANGE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put some green accents on it and make an inverted Rat Fink bike.
I love the orange!!!

What paint are you using, it looks really nice and smooth.

I know the Texas water cleans bikes the best, now I think the Texas air helps paint dry the best.

Thanks everybody.
Bill my next door neighbor tried to get me to go to it, but I was still painting.

Youthgeye its an Ace paint.Its called Safety orange. It does pretty good. I think the
girl at Ace said it was made by Krylon.

Hey Lucas glad you like it. My wife is trying to get me to build her one....like she needs another bike.
Maybe in a while I will do a girls model of this frame. Might be kinda cool.

Oh and a special thinks to Steve for his photoshop work to make it easy for me to decide on black
forks or orange forks. It helped a bunch.

My home made chainring out of the one that came on it. Worked good.
Believe it or not its dead on.

DSCF0002_zpsb975a46f.jpg

Have you ever thought about making a kid sized version of one of your Fat style builds?
You could use OCC donor wheels and tires. It would be so cool to see a Nephew Stretch bike. :mrgreen:
Kinda a Mini Me

I have looked for a while on our cl trying to buy an occ chopper for the crank and peddle parts.
They think they are gold here. I saw a beatup one that was 45 miles away for $45 and that is the
cheapest I have seen them around here. The bad part is my builds are starting to stack up and
room is a premium. I really don't need to build anything. Now the wife is wanting a girls version
of my orange one , so it could possible be the next build, if she really pushes it.

Thanks BD. I really like this one. If I had to give up all my bikes but one.....it would
be this one. They are just so cool with the monster tires. I'm really thinking about
building one (girls frame) for my wife. She really likes this one too.
They do make you want to ride over or through something you wouldn't normally
ride through. :D

Got my darts laid out and sprayed today. Will let it dry for a couple days and then
tape and do a stripe around the edges.

DSCF0001_zpsa7226e37.jpg

I was missing the orange myself, glad it made a come back. The darts are sweet too but an outline would look even better 8)

Nice and subtle on the darts. I really like tone on tone color schemes.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everybody. I was trying for a subtle difference change in the tones of paint.
Almost a ghost dart effect. The just a shade redder seems to work. Its there, but not
a hit you in the face difference. Glad yall liked it. Still working , but really close
to running out of things to do. :D

Rat Rod said:
Looking great.

I knew Betty would want one next ;)

Its funny your dad came over . He rode it and commented on how heavy the steering felt
with that big of a front tire. I jumped on it and made a couple passes and told him I don't notice
it anymore. You really get use to them. I love mine.

Yeah Skipton, I'm glad its back orange too. Its a better color.

Latest posts

Back