Fat Fix (COLOR CHANGE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fix

Thanks King. Not sure about how the rest of it will turn out , but I'm liking my springer.
DSCF0003_zps02bea752.jpg

:shock: :shock: 8)

Hot ....! The combination of that polished rim, the springer, and my favorite color has my head bursting!! :shock: :shock: Beautiful work as usual sir.

Your springer is in scale to the fat tires/rims. Pure big Texas awesome right there.

Man thanks everybody. I'm really proud of my springer. This is the first one I have built
that looks worth a flip. Wish I had that stupid BB part , I could have this finished by monday.

Thanks Goat... Bill . Its coming along. They finally mailed my two BB's. Supposed to be here Monday.
Then it will take a couple days to have my fab friend make one wide one out of two.
Got the chain stay built, Left it long till I decide what stretch I want to use. I normally do 7''
but I'm afraid it will make it too hard to pedal. Will probably go with 4 inches.
DSCF0001_zps9d894bcd.jpg

DSCF0003_zps5f117738.jpg

Well they say you have to break an egg to make an omelet . So I decided to sacrifice a frame
I will probably never use again to see where I'm going. So a few cuts later and the things I don't like
about this frame are gone. Now I have a better idea of the direction.
If anybody wondered, the tubing is as thick as the stuff I use. Nothing tinfoil about this frame. :wink:
DSCF0003_zps3fe781b0.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Well they say you have to break an egg to make an omelet . So I decided to sacrifice a frame
I will probably never use again to see where I'm going. So a few cuts later and the things I don't like
about this frame are gone. Now I have a better idea of where I'm going.
If anybody wondered, the tubing is as thick as the stuff I use. Nothing tinfoil about this frame. :wink:
DSCF0003_zps3fe781b0.jpg
Dang Uncle Stretch you cut yours before I got a chance to cut mine... :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm not using much of the original frame. Maybe the BB so I don't have to wait
for the others. I really needed a way to mockup the new frame. I tried drawing it on the
workbench , but really could get it to come out right.

Last week Chuck gave me an old frame. I cut the seatpost out and it looks like
it will go in this frame. Its 4'' taller than the original one and it will make the seat
look better, not like its raised up a foot. Shoot its coming right along. Should be
doing some major building tomorrow.
DSCF0001_zpsab246c07.jpg

Guess I could get real goofy and use a curved seatpost. It would look like a short fat high cruiser. :shock: :shock:
DSCF0003_zpsb8de97fb.jpg

Yeah its too predictable . I guess the straight one wins. It continues the BMX look that
fat bikes have. Well we will see how it looks tomorrow. I'm ready to roll now.

Really I liked the bike. It had the front tire too close where your foot hit when
you pedaled, and the seat post had to be up too high. So this will solve the problem, but really
won't look too much different. If you close one eye and squint the other, this should be what it
will look like when its finished...well with it all one color paint. This is just mocked up. Maybe tomorrow
it will be closer to this.
DSCF0002_zps6ea3d5b7.jpg

Latest posts

Back