Fat "Motorized" Tire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I've been kicking around an idea of a Fat "Motorized" Tire cruiser but want to know if anyone has accomplished this task.
I would like to check out some ideas and what obstacle I would encounter in this kind of build..

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure what you have in your head,but I've seen fat tire bikes with engines. They seem to work fine.

I'm in the process of converting my rrbbo 8 bike, Chunkpunk (mongoose dolomite)from last year to a brushless electric hub. I wouldn't want to go gas, it really limits where you can use it imo.

Going with a front hub motor really eliminates many of the problems you have while converting; chainlines, gearing, independant drive chain and sprocket setup, screwing with mounting the motor, noise and licensing issues, bottom bracket and rear hub/brake wear issues.

I'm in the process of converting my rrbbo 8 bike, Chunkpunk (mongoose dolomite)from last year to a brushless electric hub. I wouldn't want to go gas, it really limits where you can use it imo.

Going with a front hub motor really eliminates many of the problems you have while converting; chainlines, gearing, independant drive chain and sprocket setup, screwing with mounting the motor, noise and licensing issues, bottom bracket and rear hub/brake wear issues.
Good idea,with Ohio's moped law electric is the way to go. But I'm curious how the motor will fit. Are you going to make a longer axle? I'm asking because the rear hub motor I'm using for the mbbo has a hollow axle.
Well I'll be using it when I get off my butt and make time to actually work on it.

Latest posts

Back