} Faux Sch-O! {

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: } Faux Sch-O! { OUT OF TIME

So This Is IT....last day I can work on the bike...

I finally found a set of white walls at a local LBS for only $20. I just used a magic eraser to get rid of 15 years of grime. I de-rusted the fender struts, hand painted the classic bicycle plate and worked some more on the the chain guard and tank.

You know that a Schwinn tank and chain guard are not intended to fit on a Murray frame? Geezzz!!! :shock:

I had to modify the mounting bracket on the CG in order for it to line up correctly, but I was able to make it work.

I put on a new chrome chain and call it DONE. :lol:

I wanted to add up all the time I had into this build off, but it was really difficult to calculate the hrs spent running around looking for parts and tools. Sanding and repainting and sanding and repainting and wire-wheeling rust wasted alot of time as well. :? Then to try to figure in the time just staring at the pile of parts wondering the best way to make it all come together.

Thanks everyone for viewing and inspiring me to get this done. Without RRB, I'm sure this $10 Murray would STILL be up in the garage rotting away.

Have fun!

2013-07-31+18.03.46.jpg

2013-07-31+18.06.39.jpg

2013-07-31+18.06.58.jpg

The two Schwinn's....well.....sort of....

2013-07-31+18.17.26.jpg

Nice work.
Tank looks like it belongs there.

fauxscho.jpg

Parting shot with his step brother, The Changeling.

Thanks again for all encouraging words. Let's do it again next year.

Latest posts

Back