FAVORIT '70s CZECH BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I've been working on the last couple of months: early '70s (73?) Czech made Favorit. Solidly made bike with most components made by Favorit (crankset, BB, brake set, shifters, derailleurs, pedals); OE Maillard wheels, SR stem, unknown bar, and Tioga "Bear Trap" headset (I assume that the OE headset was an in-house part). Rear dropouts are knurled. Not one of their pro racers, but still a decent frame. I do not know if the "Special" on the fork decal is in reference to the bike model or the tubing. The paint needs help, but I'm just going to touch-up and preserve what is there. I have a couple spare original chainwheels and cranks that look better and one needs to be installed with some new tires and bar tape. I have an an old SILCA pump in celeste color with the Bianchi logo which might fit this frame otherwise a chrome finished pump will be used. I also have a Soviet Union period leather saddle bag and tools to give it a little more authenticity.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php