• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FEELER - NEW Webco 3-Bar Chromoly 26" BMX Cruiser Frames Group Buy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
All,

Some of you who have purchased my 3-Bar looptail frames know my history with Clayton at Emory Bicycles. For those that don't Clayton is a friend of mine and based on the response that was generated with the old 3-Bar looptail frames that I got from him we are exploring a small production run of new Webco branded BMX cruiser frames.

These days Clayton is mostly consumed with developing his Aero-fast "Super" Bicycle but is interested in putting together a small run of simpler Webco cruisers for us. These would feature a straight down-tube, looptail rear dropouts, American bottom bracket shell, 1 1/8 headtube with flared ends to accommodate built in bearings. The frame would be 100% 4130 Chromoly, TIG welded, and would be built by hand in the Emory factory in Jacksonville, FL.

Pricing has not been determined yet, but, what I'd like to do is organize a group buy for the initial run of frames. Not looking for any firm commitments right now, just trying to gauge interest. Please respond to this thread with your email address and I will maintain an email distribution list to keep everyone aware of changes.

Thanks,
Dude

Ok, as we've discussed before, i'm very interested. If it's going to run a 45degree Campy-standard integrated headset, I could live with that. But if this is the Emory proprietary headset for the integrated roller bearings an whatnot, I'll probably pass. Depends on the specs and the realistic chances of being able to get replacement bearings from "normal" sources....

Otherwise, sounds like an awesome project, and i'd be happy to support it.

Ok, as we've discussed before, i'm very interested. If it's going to run a 45degree Campy-standard integrated headset, I could live with that. But if this is the Emory proprietary headset for the integrated roller bearings an whatnot, I'll probably pass. Depends on the specs and the realistic chances of being able to get replacement bearings from "normal" sources....

Otherwise, sounds like an awesome project, and i'd be happy to support it.

None of the proprietary bearings on this frame. That's why it's not going to be branded as an Emory or Aerofast. Straight up standard American BB and headtube.

Here's a early rendering. The head tube will be different on the production bikes.
IMG_0945_zpsgl0lcjkq.jpg

Ignore the head tube that's on the render. That's Clayton's proprietary design tube design that uses taper roller bearings. Production will have a 1 1/8" head tube to support modern threadless forks.

so, I'm a bit confused on the head tube. Would a 1" threaded old school fork work?

cool CAD. I dig the coaster brake tab!

Re: the headtube: naw. You couldn't even run the 1.125 to 1 reducer shims; it'd be like this:
Void5.jpg

Re: the coaster tab: Yes, that is 1000% classy. Definitely dig them tabs.

BTW the rear section is one continuous piece of tubing that starts and finishes at the bottom bracket. Brakes are TBD right now. I would prefer to have the Webco brake bridge for calipers and also have mounting points for V-brakes.

There's so much I like about this! The continuous rear triangle, Integrated headset, hand made in FL, coaster tab... But, as (possibly my own) devil's advocate, It looks so much like a genuine red menace, or a wethepeople avenger, or even sun bikes revmx... This style of frame is all over.. tighten up the gap between the top tube and the secondary tube? Have it more hit the joint of the headtube and down tube... Interested....

Just trying to be constructive. Stoked the ball is rolling on this possibility!

Latest posts

Back