Feelin' Blue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was making my first run through the completed entries jotting down finalists for my picks when I came across yours. ! ! ! B A M ! ! ! Rarely do I get hit in the face with an image that is so RIGHT that it is instantly Top Rate aesthetically. It took AWHILE to get my eyes off the color combination to where I could actually see parts. I'm always impressed by builders that are able to use traditional bike parts in different ways. Back in my day the King of that mentality was MARX TOYS. They made a lot of stamped metal toys are very often you would recognize a part totally unrelated to what you had seen it on before. I especially like the inverting of the standard handlebar/light positions - very inventive. Excellent + Job!!!

Thanks for noticing the details and for making the nice comments, Thanks to everyone who noticed things and commented on them. This is my first build off and I totally enjoyed it!

I remember when you first posted the entire build in one post. I was blown away. Great level of detail.
Very cool to see another bike with a bottle tank do well.
You picked a theme and carried out to perfection.

Well, here is my theory. There is a lot to be said about people being able to "virtually" live through your build with you. It is obvious from the quality of this build that he put just as much work into his build as the rest of us, but because he wasn't as computer savvy, he didn't post anything until the last minute when he was already complete. This amazing build came from left field and the entire build was posted in one or two posts in one day. That lacks the drama of feeling the sweat of the day to day grind of a build through someones daily build journal.

Now the antithesis of this theory is "Curved Odyssey". This was another last minute post of a build. Don't get me wrong, that is another amazing bike. But my personal opinionated opinion is that he is getting most of his votes on the unbelievably beautiful and uniqe architecture of his bike frame itself (those forks are unreal!!!!!!). On that build, I just don't see nearly the work that most of these builds (including Feelin Blue, which had just as much hard work as anyone). It basically looks like a good paint job and a cool as heck rare frame with nice creme tires will get 4th place.

To me it is two contradicting stories.
Blue had an amazing build that just wasn't documented (and also some people may not have felt it was "rat" enough). I love this build by the way!!!!
Curved had an amazing rare frame that also wasn't documented and also wasn't very "rat" but the unique coolness of those front forks can steal MANY a vote for the voters that are only looking at the Finished bike photos.

Blue, you know that I gave your incredible build total respect from the first day you posted. Next year, just get your niece or neighbor that is computer savvy to run the PR portion of your build diary. It may suck, but this is an internet based build off.

i voted for this one as well... don't quite understand why it hasn't received more votes! beautiful bike <3

Latest posts

Back