Felt cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of chain is that? It's absolutely gorgeous, and the additional smoothness from the lack of a tensioner is just 🤌 *chef's kiss*.

It's a half link KMC "Kool Knight" chain. Kool with a K. It comes with 112 links so I had to buy two of them, but luckily was able to use the rest on a fully bike with short chainstays. I hav a 16t rear sprocket and I think 44t chain ring, so a smaller chain ring would eliminate the need to buy two of them.

It's a half link KMC "Kool Knight" chain. Kool with a K. It comes with 112 links so I had to buy two of them, but luckily was able to use the rest on a fully bike with short chainstays. I hav a 16t rear sprocket and I think 44t chain ring, so a smaller chain ring would eliminate the need to buy two of them.
It looks great! Was this a use case (is it stronger than your bog standard full link chain?) or just aesthetics?

This bike became this bike
IMG_20220731_153454.jpg

However I don't quite dig it. It rides nice but the frame is not quite what I would like to keep. So I will rebuild it with the Cafe frame again.
IMG_20221001_154327.jpg

As soon as I find a crank puller I can install the motor. The roller brake is very easy to disconnect, as is the gear cable. I am a little tempted to slap a crankset on it, and try it without a motor because it doesn't feel heavy at all. But I don't have BB adaptors on hand and to install opc I would have to press BB cups. I cut off the chain guard tab and will try to fit the motor and the battery in the triangle for a more uniform and integrated look. I also want to go with a more standard seating position and the lower bars.

Well, well. I rebuilt the Felt, which means I slapped back the electrics on it. I want a traditional seat position so I have put a regular seat post on it, with a Brooks b67, and lower handlebars. I did it shortly after the last BO, but haven't ridden it. I was checking the battery every once in a while.
So imagine my surprise when a few days ago I checked the electric Felt and it didn't start. I decided that the battery must be totally empty but after charging it the bike still wouldn't start. I figured that the battery is dead. You are not supposed to let it go totally empty, I read somewhere.
So I ordered an adaptor and a crankset to conver it back to muscle drive. But then I started brainstorming and the led light on the battery works, hence there is some power, the charger shows it charging and charged... So I guess it is not dead yet.
So I remembered that I had put the bike upside down because I removed the front wheel. I opened the battery holder and what do you know:
IMG_20230427_202243.jpg

I plugged the cable back and used some strong tape to fix the plastic sleeves together. And voila:
IMG_20230427_203924.jpg

Back in business! A bit pissed that I spent 25 bucks on the adaptor and crankset, but hey, you never when you might need the parts.
IMG_20230427_210023.jpg

I even found a 44t chainring so I wouldn't have to change the chain length.

Latest posts

Back