FELT TIRES STINK!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
No literally, they do stink. :lol:

I have a set of Quick Bricks on my Dyno Moto 7 that I keep in my office at work and they have a strong odor that is making me think about taking this bike home and keeping something else here. When I come into my office in the morning it's really strong.

Anybody else notice that they have a strong smell?

I don't notice the 2 pairs I have but mine are usually in the garage unless I ride them to the office.

They are meant to be ridden on, not in a museum :mrgreen:

Ha Ha....hey, mine are ridden on! :lol:

Actually, I think they started smelling worse the more I have ridden on them.

Just thought it was funny since all of the other bikes I have kept up here and ridden have not smelled so bad.

HA !!! dont know about Felt tires but ive had some Hunt-Wilde stuff that REAKS !!! very similar to what your describing.

try and steer clear of those steamy brown landmines. :) :p :)

Ide get ya some Mothers wax . Mothers wax smells soooooo good, and it really shines up tires.

I had a Luke Sywalker toy in a rubber cape in about 1984 that smelled like that. I think certain rubber just smells. Try dressing them in a nice vinegrette :mrgreen: :lol:

Man, I read this and I had to go downstairs and smell my stash. No odors from any of them! I must have40 tires in additions to 4 sets of Felts in the closet and another 4 sets on bikes. You sure you didn't ride the bike on the lawn and catch a land mine? :shock: :oops: :shock: :idea:

Ha Ha....I'm not sure if I rode through something or not...definitely not through dog poop, but maybe through some water draining on the streets in the neighborhood where I work.

I guess I'll be bring the bike home this weekend for a bath. :?

Certain types of Chinese rubber smells funny, where are the tires made?

I keep my bike in my kitchen and cant say i have noticed anything. I have the creme color felts, not sure if color would have something to do with odor?

Hey I need a all black thick brick tire .... just 1 ... Any boby got 1 extra they wana sell ??

Wingman / Stephen

Latest posts

Back